1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Delete Feature

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by Bazkaz, Apr 10, 2005.

I had posted this at the end of the Yahoo/MSN update post, but wanted to see what you all think of the idea.
    Thx.
    -----------

Hi Shawn. Thanks for the amazing tools. I know you don't want people to add to much "junk" to the system and one of the reasons even more features haven't surfaced (I know those OptiGold people keep you pretty busy too).

I was wondering if you could add an easier DELETE function. I have some clients that I don't do work for anymore that I was tracking roughly 15 words for on each of the three search engines over the life of their account. I would love to be able and take these all out, but I dread going in and clicking delete, letting the page refresh, clicking delete, letting the page refresh, clicking... you get the idea.
    SEMrush
    Any chance we could get a check box system or anything to be able to delete words faster? Even being able to use the URL filter that's already included and be able to check all boxes for deletion would be nice. Though "Check All" for boxes and "Check All" to update words would probably need to be called something different so people don't accidentally delete key words instead of updating them... (Granted most should have the common sense not to do it since it would require clicking delete... but there's always those few)

Hopefully people would use it delete more frequently then and even clear up of their own time waiting for all their words to update. This would be especially effective for people who are pushing the limit on queries per day.

Bazkaz, Apr 10, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I would like this feature also. Had to delete about 20 keywords the other day, and it took forever

fryman, Apr 10, 2005 IP
  3. Bazkaz

Bazkaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I took some more out and it's just gotten tougher since I added all of the MSN & Yahoo versions of everything.

So 20 keywords = 60 entries in WordTracker (1 for Google, 1 for MSN, & 1 for Yahoo)

Bazkaz, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  4. SulkyGirl

SulkyGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed! And it would probably make things easier on your end too. I know I was checking (daily) a bunch of keywords that had long since been dead on Google just because I didn't have the time to manually delete all 65 (!). It would be great if you could bulk disable as well...

SulkyGirl, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  5. Dreamshop

Dreamshop Peon

Best Answers:
    I would love a multiple delete function as well!!!

I think I asked about this maybe a year ago... :-D

Dreamshop, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  6. Bazkaz

Bazkaz Peon

Best Answers:
    So how about it Shawn? Would it be easy enough to add?

Bazkaz, Apr 16, 2005 IP
  7. Bazkaz

Bazkaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Had to delete 42 by hand today... Any chance this will happen Shawn?

I was thinking and another option may be to just delete all keywords tied to a specific URL. Not sure if that's a possibility, but it would be nice. Though a select all feature when filtering by URL would still work just as well also.

Bazkaz, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I have to delete several, but don't want to go through all that fuss... I might as well just leave them there :D

fryman, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  9. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I just think a way of hiding the 'disabed' would do. that way you can keep your old list right there and check anyone of them at a moment's notice ;)

Design Agent, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  10. Bazkaz

Bazkaz Peon

Best Answers:
    I should've titled this thread, "Keyword tracker is down"
    I just know Shawn would've come to respond then... ;)

j/k Shawn. :)

Bazkaz, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  11. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just because I don't respond, doesn't mean I don't read. :)

digitalpoint, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  12. Bazkaz

Bazkaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe, I figured you had read it.

I was just curious in your feedback to see if it was something we could eventually look forward too. :)

Bazkaz, Apr 21, 2005 IP