1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Delated Facebook picture still appears on Google

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by MickaelRdgt, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I've delated a picture from my Facebook business page one month ago. It's still visible on Google. Google tells me that they can't do anything about it, and Facebook too (I have already contacted them both). What should I do?
    NB: My business' name is "Scrivimi un biscotto" and the picture that I talk about shows "Parola di Biscotto" (which is the previous name of my business). Thank you in advance

MickaelRdgt, Jul 26, 2019 IP
  2. dedikart

dedikart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to see the image in image search.
    Click on the thumbnail.
    Then you see the image again - click where it says to the right > Full-size image
    Then, copy that url (of the full-size image) into a url removal request in your google webmaster tool, pick the first option - Page has been removed or blocked from search engines.

dedikart, Jul 26, 2019 IP
  3. MickaelRdgt

MickaelRdgt Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your answer, I have already tried that path, but Google tells me that the image belongs to Facebook. Facebook tells me they can't delate the image

4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Check your FecesBook terms of service. You will find that YOU gave FecesBook that picture and since FecesBook now owns it, THERE IS NOTHING THAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. Apparently you did not understand FecesBook terms of service when you signed up which basically gives EVERYTHING that you post to FecesBook to use HOWEVER and WHENEVER they want.

mmerlinn, Jul 26, 2019 IP
  5. MickaelRdgt

MickaelRdgt Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I already know that. This is not the point. I just point out, that facebook doesn't have any reason to keep the old picture instead of the new one. I think this is a cache problem. I think this is a cache that has not been delated. Please answer my question ONLY if you think to know the answer.

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Surely you only see that if you search on the old name and nobody will be doing that.

Don't sweat the small stuff

sarahk, Jul 27, 2019 IP
  7. MickaelRdgt

MickaelRdgt Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry but the old picture appears while I research the new name, that is the problem, because everybody see my business with the old picture everyday -_-

[​IMG]

MickaelRdgt, Jul 27, 2019 IP
  8. MickaelRdgt

MickaelRdgt Peon

Best Answers:
    ?

MickaelRdgt, Jul 31, 2019 IP
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you've contacted Facebook and they can't help and contacted Google and they can't help either, what do you expect anyone on a forum to be able to do about it? I really wouldn't waste too much time on this, is it affecting your business in any way, are you losing customers because of it?

malky66, Jul 31, 2019 IP
  10. MickaelRdgt

MickaelRdgt Peon

Best Answers:
    It really demages my business, I think the issue is clear enough. Anyone who owns a business would agree with me (or at least, everyone who owns a business consciously). Thank for the answer but I don't need your opinion, just suggestions on how to deal with this. Maybe someone could really help ;)

MickaelRdgt, Jul 31, 2019 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you can show quantifiable damage to your business then get a lawyer involved and take your case to Google.

On the other hand, when you were doing the business planning that resulted in the name change you will have done a risk assessment and known that search engines might take some time to update their results.
    Sometimes the best advice you can be given is to step back and let it be.

sarahk, Jul 31, 2019 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Dovresti provare ad essore un po 'piu gentile. You can catch more bees with honey than you can with vinegar.;)

Spoiltdiva, Aug 1, 2019 IP
  13. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The bottom line is that YOU GAVE FecesBook the RIGHTS to that image. Now that FecesBook OWNS those rights, they can use that image in any way they like and there is NOTHING that you can do about it. Those are the FACTS and you REFUSE to face the FACT that you made a MISTAKE.

There are only two reasonable solutions. One is that you reinvent your business so that FecesBook does not intrude in your life. If you had done that when you reinvented your business in the first place you would not have any issues now. The second one is to simply close down your business and any and all links that would allow the FecesBook image to affect your life. Yes, not ideal, but you really have no other choices other than LIVING WITH YOUR MISTAKE regardless of how FecesBook affects your business.

As far as Google is concerned, there is NOTHING you can do. Since YOU do NOT own the rights to that image, you cannot force Google to block it. ONLY FECESBOOK CAN FORCE GOOGLE TO BLOCK IT, and there is NO reason for that to happen. HOWEVER, if you want Google to block that image, all you need to do is to BUY back the rights to that image from FecesBook. Once you OWN the rights, and can prove it to Google, they will block the image for you.

You came here to AVOID responsibility for your issues, and when you did not get your ego boost, you flip out over it. No one here will be able to help you beyond the help already given that you have REJECTED.

mmerlinn, Aug 1, 2019 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sei molto divertente!:rolleyes: You're Italian no? Yet you put @mmerlinn's quotes in French...very odd. Anyway you cannot close down this or any threads. The mods alone have that discretion.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 1, 2019 IP
  15. MickaelRdgt

MickaelRdgt Peon

Best Answers:
    hahaha sorry, my pc automatically translates. I'm not good with computers ;)
    Si sono italiano e francese.

Yes I know I can not close the subject, I posted it only to prevent people from looking into the subject, but thanks for your advice

Have a good day everybody :D

NB :
    I will try in the future to be more diplomatic ;)

MickaelRdgt, Aug 1, 2019 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.