1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

deindexed -> reindexed ?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by _vlada_, Jul 21, 2005.

I have in last 24h zero reindexed pages / 1000
    Yesterday in this time 18.

how about you?

_vlada_, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    To be perfectly honest, I don't understand what you're trying to say/ask. Can you try again?

exam, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  3. _vlada_

_vlada_ Peon

Best Answers:
    well, sorry.. I am trying, not native english, as you can read, or not read..heh..

Q is: after yesterdays deindexing are Yahoo started to reindexing your pages?
    (I am totally deindexed, lost all pages, only homepage was indexed, now I have 18, and before all I had 1000)

How about others with simillar problems?

_vlada_, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  4. stimpsy

stimpsy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Vlada,

some of my domains have been mostly deindexed, only a couple of pages left in Yahoo!, including a valuable humor portal.

So, some of my content sites have gained a tremendous amount of pages, others have lost it.

Same thing for my spammy sites. Some have gained a huge number of pages, others have lost them...

However, there seems to be something with the date the page was last crawled. Which may explain that some sites are now heavily crawled by Yahoo, maybe is he trying to reconstruct it's index, dropping what Yahoo! considers to be spammy content, and crawling again using new filters

stimpsy, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  5. stimpsy

Best Answers:
    Have a look at this post from jd01 from webmasterworld:

Interesting...

On the night of the update, I went to 11 pages indexed. The pages that were indexed rank(ed) much (20 or so positions) better for some very competitive keywords. The next afternoon I returned to my normal numbers of indexed pages (around 2K), but not my normal positions.

Today, I was looking through my indexed pages to see if I could find any difference in the pages that were ranking compared to the pages that weren't, so I started viewing the caches of my pages. This is the interesting part... only of very small number of pages have a cache, and those are the pages that are ranking!

My conclusion is this: If Y! updated the algo and did not have a cache of the page, they could not apply the algo to the page. So, the reason most of my pages do not rank, is because they changed the algo and do not have a way to apply the new algo until they revisit my site... This would also explain the 1 - 2 weeks for the full algo to roll out, because any page that is not currently in the cache, will have to be refetched and this will take some time.

stimpsy, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  6. stimpsy

Best Answers:
    Hmm...still, you can find non cached page in the top of the SERP..

stimpsy, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  7. stimpsy

Best Answers:
    it looks the pages that are not cached, are in fact either the index file, or PDF...am I wrong?

stimpsy, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  8. _vlada_

_vlada_ Peon

Best Answers:
    If page cache is in relationship how old that page is, then there should be something. I think that this could be solution..

_vlada_, Jul 21, 2005 IP