1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Deflategate

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jrbiz, May 13, 2015.

I live about 15-20 minutes from Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, so I am in the heart of Patriots Nation. The mood here is one of rebellion and outrage over the sanctions levied on Tom Brady and the team by the NFL. I honestly don't follow sports very much but it has been hard to avoid the past day or two.

What has been surprising to me is to hear how much other team's fans seem to hate the Patriots. So, where are you from and what is your opinion: were the penalties fair or unfair? Are the Patriots good guys who win a lot or bad guys who win a lot? I would be interested to hear from NFL fans everywhere.

jrbiz, May 13, 2015 IP
  2. 0ccul7

0ccul7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fan of Seattle Seahawks and to be honest, it is nothing personal with the Pats. They cheated and received punishment, kinda how the world works. Some or most of the Pats fans and team players are arrogant to the point where other teams/fans do not like them.

0ccul7, May 13, 2015 IP
    jrbiz and gavo like this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback. Are you from the Seattle area? I used to go there quite a bit for business (Boeing, Weyerhauser, etc.) The best "steak" that I ever had was a marinated tenderloin of ostrich. It was at McCormick's on the harbor, as I recall. My colleague ordered filet mignon and we both agreed that my dish (which was red meat, by the way) was far superior.

I assume that the final minutes of the Super Bowl were unbelievable to you? I watched the game and could not believe it, myself.

jrbiz, May 13, 2015 IP
  4. 0ccul7

0ccul7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not from there but close by and grew up with Seattle Seahawks. Did you try the sea food there?
    Final minutes were unbelievable but I still trust my QB and trust his judgement. He is one of the best at what he does and he just made a call that did not go the way the he imagined it to. We all have those moments and Wilson is a human as well.

0ccul7, May 13, 2015 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have had seafood many times in the Pacific Northwest. I spent a fair amount of time in Seattle, Vancouver, BC, and all the way down to Eugene, Oregon. In fact, I one time drove most of the day on a Saturday from Vancouver to Eugene (with stops in Seattle and Portland, of course.) Had a lot of salmon and king crab along the way. Check out the "Armchair Dining on DP" thread in my signature and post some of the great seafood you recommend!

jrbiz, May 13, 2015 IP
  6. 0ccul7

0ccul7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thread looks great. That must have been a good drive.

0ccul7, May 13, 2015 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, the federal court ruling on DeflateGate is due to come out today or tomorrow. Any predictions as to what it will be?

I think that the "evidence" against Tom Brady would not likely stand up in a court of law and that is in his favor. On the other hand, the currently imposed penalty was a result of a legally contracted arbitration which works in the NFL's favor.

As a consequence, I suspect that the judge will try to split the difference and perhaps cut down the number of games suspended, etc. This will result in neither part being satisfied and an inevitable appeal. Whether an appeals court will take on such a minor case like this (it is about grown men playing games, after all) remains to be seen.

Would love to hear your opinions prior to the decision coming down!

jrbiz, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the decision has come down and the judge sided entirely with Tom Brady. The four-game suspension is gone and he will play. The NFL is going to appeal, of course, but for now Brady has won.

jrbiz, Sep 3, 2015 IP