1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Definition of a link farm?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by KCarrington, Mar 14, 2005.

I'm finding it difficult to "Define" link farm. It seems so many domains these days are an endless series of pages and links. Others are an outright super long list of links with minimal anchor text and no "descriptions".

Some systems involve "automated reciprocal links" which in essence are duplicate content or at least similiar content.

I recently published a web site (Dec. 24). I have an automated reciprocal links section, and MSN ranks my site #2, Yahoo #13. Google scours my site everyday, and indexes more and more pages, but I can only score for the most obscure terms, like a specific product code; but then I do make #1.

In the search for "my keywords", my site is nowhere to be found. Funny thing is though; I'm finding on the 2,3,4 pages at Google: pages that only contain a text link to my site; from the link exchange, are actually scoring for my terms.

I'm assuming I'm sandboxed and hoping things come around.

When's the next PR update rumored to be?

Thanks.

KCarrington, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  2. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    2 questions there...

One definition of a link farm is here http://www.seo-scoop.com/direct_link.cfm?thepost=4

And as for the next PR update, just get a 'year on one page' calender and throw a dart at it... that'll be as accurate as any rumour & speculation... Could be April, May, July... whatever :)

Lever, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  3. Umbertide

Umbertide Peon

Best Answers:
    noone knows about the next update but there are 'good as anywhere' rumours here

Umbertide, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  4. ScottDaMan

ScottDaMan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, just learned something new. Thanks

ScottDaMan, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  5. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    A gint site with lokts of links. Dont join them.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 15, 2005 IP