1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Define a Popup?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by WebDivx, Sep 4, 2006.

In its program policies, Google says:
    I came across a site that supposedly displays a "pop up" to google adsense banners.

Upon investigation of the HTML, I noticed that the banner doesn't seem to be using the traditional style of pop ups. These popups read the content on the page, displays the relavent ads like regular google ads, but this one comes at you in a popup banner (where as traditional popups are linking to another link)

I'm not sure if anyone understood my explaination, so here is the link: http://www.narutofan.com
    check out the popup and HTML coding.

So is this included in Google's definition of a "popup"? I am hoping that it is not, but I wanted to make sure so I don't make the same mistake if it is against policies.

WebDivx, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  2. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is definitely not allowed, first because this is defined as a popup in Google's eyes, and second, because a second popup covers it, and it is also against the terms to cover up the AdSense ads.

Jenstar, Sep 4, 2006 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  3. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Yea...that is not allowed for sure...

sundaybrew, Sep 4, 2006 IP