1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Deep trouble, need some advice from experts

Discussion in 'PHP' started by fryman, Apr 14, 2005.

1. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    Presuming gateway.php contains

<script language="javascript" src="http://somesite.com/gateway.aspx?productid=3333&val=3333"></script>

Code (markup):
    as you said earlier, then the code in my above post will do that (although in a crude fashion).

If you want five seconds, chage:

sleep(2); 

PHP:
    to

sleep(5);

PHP:
    It will actually be slighty more than five seconds, since the JS file has to be downloaded and executed by the browser, which adds more time.

nullbit, Apr 15, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Well, now I can actually see the download page for a second before the gateway pops in, so that means that there is a way for the spider to get through. I hope it is enough and it can index my pages again.

I don't know why, but Google is taking ages to update my site. Last cache date is April 5th, so it will sure take a long while to see any changes.

Oh, well, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I have emailed the advertising network so they know that their gateway blocks spiders and see if they have a solution for that

Thanks for your help :D

fryman, Apr 15, 2005 IP