1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Deep Link Directories

Discussion in 'Directories' started by The SEO Man, Mar 28, 2013.

When posting new back links to your site to help with SEO, do you prefer to post links in directories that offer additional Deep Links?

Why or why not...?

The SEO Man, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't see the point. Directory links stopped being useful a few yrs ago.

Agent000, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  3. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL NOT TRUE AT ALL!!
    Link Directories DO WORK...
    They are just like everything else, if you don't do it right, then you will not get what you expect.

If the person posting links is not doing it right, or if the links are being posted back to a website that is improperly optimized internally, then the person will experience less than desirable results from Google.

Every link directory is different, just like every website is different, some types of directories are more effective than others.

3 to 6 well placed quality backlinks, linked back from the right directories could out perform 50 back links from what most so called SEO Experts consider "a good back link."

I prefer to use link directories that also allow members to post articles. The proper utilization of these types of resources is commonly overlooked or considered ineffective, but I know for a FACT that LINK DIRECTORIES DO WORK, WHEN THEY ARE UTILIZED PROPERLY.

Some people also try to rely on someone else to post tons of crappy links, and they think it's actually going to work. Most of us know that type of link building service is worthless.

Sometimes it just takes a little creative out-of-the box thinking when posting links to link directories, but if you take the time to do it right, then of course it's going to seem like it does not work anymore.

It also can depend on how the directory itself is marketed. I always take a few minutes to research the resources that I post backlinks on before I post them. It's a good practice to get in the habit of doing....

That's why SEO Experts get paid good money, they have a lot of factors to consider, and for the experts like myself that have spent time time to learn first hand from experience, instead of reading a book, or a few forum posts to learn about SEO. I spent over 8 years studying SEO using nearly 200 websites. I know what works, I know what doesn't work, and I know what works REALLY WELL when optimizing a website for Google SEO:rolleyes:

4. Agent000

Best Answers:
    As always I am happy to send my competitors to DigitalPoint to get their SEO advice. I am happy for them to waste their time using link directories while I spend my time doing things that actually do help. Guess what? I having no problems beating my competitors ... don't figure!

5. The SEO Man

Best Answers:
    4 Days 3 Links in link directories and 2 Blog Posts
    Link Directories WORK!!!
    Just ask my latest SEO client:rolleyes:

JUST TOOK THESE SCREEN SHOTS TONIGHT....
    - All Traffic -
    [​IMG]

- Traffic from Google -
    [​IMG]

His site went from having 2 to 3 words at the top to having 35 keywords/keyword phrases at the top OF Google in 5-6 days.

THE RESULTS OF MY WORK SPEEKS VOLUMES IN LESS THAN A WEEK

6. Agent000

Best Answers:
    duh? That does not show they work! Can I refer my competitors to you?

7. The SEO Man

Best Answers:
    I started designing websites in 2000 << 13 years ago

I know what works, I've done multiple trial and error tests...

I had websites hosted at 4 different hosting companies around the US, I owned my own link directories.

like: FreeLinkDirectory . com - SEOLinkDirectory . com - and many others...

I got custody of my son and lost my business, and all of my domain, or I would still own them..

Keep passing the word around that directories don't work for SEO, that just help's people like me that know what works, and know what works very well.

The more people that you confuse, the more potential customers I will have... :)

8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    How so? Care to elaborate?

Mia, Mar 29, 2013 IP
    Nima likes this.
  9. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To answer the original question, I do like the deep link option when submitting to directories. I prefer for them to be listed only on the detail page though (not on the directory category pages)

Nima, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  10. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There was a member around here, 5-6 years ago, who launched a directory with a unique premise...all links had to be to an interior page. It changed how I thought about how to marketing my own directory. Gotta say, the idea was clever and something I had considered adding to my own directories.

I suppose what would be good if you are just starting out would be to include a homepage link, a link to the About Us page, and perhaps the contact page (I waver on that because of spammers). If it's a business directory, it would make sense to also allow links to their primary services page.

Unless I'm linking to an exceptional article or tutorial, I limit internal linking to those pages found on the site's main navigational menus. Less likely to get moved/deleted and generally has the most important info.

The problem I have with most directories that offer additional deep links is that they do it on the lazy side. They have the title link, the description and then generally a short list of links. Seems to me it would be far more useful to include brief descriptions for each of the secondary links as well. Turn the listing into a real review and make their details page into a mini-press release sort of thing. That would be something worth paying extra for.

YMC, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  11. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Website owners are generally too lazy to come up with unique descriptions even for different directories let ago writing a unique description for every deep link on every directory. I do agree that it would be a good idea though.

Nima, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  12. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lazy submitters? Naw. Never seen that. lol

My favorite description - "good site".

While I tend to rewrite and accept the fact not everyone understands marketing, that one got the boot quick. lol

YMC, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  13. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have never cared for adding deep links unless they are regionally specific. Deep links are basically for selling links and do nothing for the directory. A well done home page should make navigation easy enough for directory users.

stoner3221, Apr 1, 2013 IP