1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dedicated server for storage (or other options)

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Zapita, Mar 18, 2011.

We need to transfer big files between several companies (mostly quicktimes and image sequences), we were in a shared hosting but were told that is not allowed to have so many big files if they are not part of a web site, so what options could we have? i was thinking in a terabyte of space and i think the processor and ram doesn't need to be anything huge for what we need. any suggestions? thanks

Zapita, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  2. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you thought about a VPS (virtual private server)? ServInt and KnownHost seem to offer great VPS Hosting solutions ;)

Aquarezz, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  3. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A terabyte of space?? Right, absolutely no shared host is going to touch that. That's basically an entire hard drive, not counting the OS or control panel overhead. You will need at least a VPS or Dedicated server, with a decent amount of bandwidth to go with it. In fact, I don't even know many VPSs out there that offer 1TB of disk space.

If CPU and RAM isn't an issue, you could always just go with a cheap server and load it up with several hard drives.

WSWD, Mar 18, 2011 IP