1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Decline in CTR & eCPM, do you notice

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by imnajam, Nov 16, 2007.

1. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My earnings have gone up. I guess it is good for us. Most of my advertisements are marked ads advertisements and I think my users do not accidentally click on my of my advertisements.

exodus, Nov 18, 2007 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  2. ceo

ceo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CTR - less 50%
    eCPM - Almost same
    EPC - more 100%

ceo, Nov 18, 2007 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  3. Kestal

Kestal Peon

Best Answers:
    my earnings have lowered, but mainly because of my clicks. As it came to my proxies, I somewhat relied on accidental clicks. So in that end I had to rethink my strategies. I ended up changing ad placements around and a few other things. Once I started filtering and blocking some of the ads which I thought were paying pretty low, I started getting normal clicks for the day. (one of my higher clicks was $1.34)

Kestal, Nov 18, 2007 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  4. PoemofQuotes

PoemofQuotes Peon

Best Answers:
    It must have rolled out to more folks today. I am hit pretty badly by the change; however, I'm sure it will go back up with smart pricing... hopefully.

PoemofQuotes, Nov 18, 2007 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  5. fordP

fordP Peon

Best Answers:
    My CTR and CPM have decreased on 3 sites, and increased on 8. Problem is one of the 3 affected gets 5 million impressions a month, and the decrease in CPM has affected my earnings quite a bit. I don't however attribute this to much to accidental clicks on my ads, as my intentions on all of my sites are to retain visitors, not to piss them off and loose them. I attribute the drop in earnings to my current PPC, which can fluctuate throughout the month..

I do believe it is a good move, as my income is not based solely upon adsense, and in the long term it will just raise the average PPC, balancing out the decrease in clicks.

fordP, Nov 19, 2007 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  6. imnajam

imnajam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everybody for the feedback, I have regained my earning but with double visitors :)

imnajam, Nov 22, 2007 IP