1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dealing with Forum User Theft

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by vansterdam, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    What can be done about a forum member who repeatedly scams other forum members? I have just been scammed by a user (named kylaefa) who I paid to do link building. This person did not do any work, will not give a refund and does not reply to my e-mails. Upon further research I discovered that they have also scammed at least another 2 DP forum members in similar circumstances. I'm sure they have scammed other people that haven't reported it as they are waiting for what they paid for or a refund. Does DP just ignore such blatant theft? Why is this person still an active forum member? Why is DP not protecting the honest DP forum members? What can be done about this? Is there some way to get my money back?

Thank you! Please don't let this user keep scamming more people through DP.

vansterdam, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  2. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Vansterdam,

DigitalPoint and its Moderators do not get involved in Private Business, be sure to look into the Seller's/Buyer's past on this Forum before doing business, and I would suggest you leave the user Negative Itrader to alert other Buyer's/Seller's

-Chris

ChrisMiller, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  3. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Warn others by leaving itrader. Sales aren't moderated on DP like on other sites, unfortunately.

Karen May Jones, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  4. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also leave a comment in the thread so users like yourself have at least some warning. Always check itrader before buying something though :/

ksb2050, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    All members do business here at their own risk. It's their responsibility to thoroughly check into other members before engaging in a business transaction with them. We do not get involved in private business disputes, as DP is just a platform - we don't have the capability of policing private business deals. You may leave a public negative review in the deal thread and / or negative iTrader tied to that thread. Pursuing it further is between you, the member, and any credit card company / payment processor.

If someone is engaging in illegal business practices such as selling pirated software, you can contact us with proof and that we can at least deal with. Anything else though is really a case of he said / she said, and there's no way we can verify it all one way or the other - especially in a forum of this size with all of the disputes that happen. Sorry.

jhmattern, Mar 23, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.