1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Deactivated by CJ - No Reason Given!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by mikeperry, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a lot of places in US that you could call for free using SKYPE if you decide to contact them.

Micromag, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  2. carboncat

carboncat Peon

Best Answers:
    Micromag,
    you're basically accusing everyone that says they've had problems with CJ a liar. You're telling us that they don't deactivate without warning, they are polite to all their customers, they never withhold payments that are owed to publishers... and so on. I'm sure they're singing carols and giving food to the needy too.
    But here's a question: how would you know that? Do you work there? Have you been conducting research on CJ's customer relations?
    Just because they've treated you right, doesn't mean they treat everyone right. You're making these blanket assertions, when a perusal of any of the main publishing/webmastering forums will prove you wrong.
    and btw, at this thread at webmasterworld, they also discussed people being deactivated for too few (not zero) sales.

carboncat, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  3. Micromag

Best Answers:
    I'm not telling no one is liar, this is why I'm telling mikeperry to call them - they make mistakes too.

Also I'm telling about permanent deactivations (fraud), not about inactivity deactivation that you are free to create a new account again right after the deactivation - in cases of permanent deactivations is not possible to create a 2nd account

take your time and ready this entire post:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=2490

mr. Todd Crawford were a CJ emploee that time - if you want experience from someone inside CJ read the entire topic and you will just one of the cases that I have seen around there.

Micromag, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  4. Brokenspear

Brokenspear Peon

Best Answers:
    The interesting part, and it seems to have happened to a few people on this board, is that CJ cancels your account after you have made a sale beyond that 6 month period so they can collect the charge agreed upon in their TOS.

My account was just canceled today...I'm wodnering if I just had a sale...

Brokenspear, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  5. pamon

pamon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just got mine deactivated as well.. no sales made to them but some traffic.

know they have a ph #, any email contact info anyone?

pamon, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  6. mikeperry

mikeperry Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all of the interest.

I appreciate your advice Micromag but you do seem to be saying, or inferring, that people who get deactivated are doing something fraudulent. e.g. your statement: 'Also I'm telling about permanent deactivations (fraud), not about inactivity deactivation'.

I would hardly bring up the subject on a forum if I had done something dishonest. I state quite definitely that I did not do anything wrong - and nor have many other people.

Mike.

mikeperry, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  7. rupertValentino

rupertValentino Peon

Best Answers:
    Where is this forum where loads of people have been banned and complaining?

rupertValentino, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  8. Micromag

Best Answers:
    I'm not telling that you did fraud - What I'm telling is that CJ deactivated you due CJ thinks that you did fraud.

Personally I believe in you, and this is why I gave you the tips to contact them by phone and I'm trying to help you.

If I didn't believe in you I would be telling thing like: "Follow the rules next time cheater.", this is not the case.

Micromag, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  9. lollipop

lollipop Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to say touch wood I find CJ pretty fair. I did have a few issues to start with - with warnings about stopping my account for minor violations of terms. What it came down to was that I hadn't totally read every t&c of every programme and they don't like that. It's important that for every programme you apply to you dot every i and cross every t when publishing advertiser content and also when driving traffic to your site.

If you still can't see what might have gone wrong then ring CJ - you'll get a more detailed answer from a human being than you ever will by emailing them.

lollipop, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  10. zarah

zarah Peon

Best Answers:
    I had not made any sales for a year but recently I started some promotion and made $100. A few days later I found the account deactivated and after 20 emails asking about it, I still have no reply as to why.

zarah, May 5, 2007 IP
  11. NadaWriter

NadaWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a forum called ABestWeb.com that has tons of negitive posts on CJ.

Under Reports on CJ it says I have 13 Invalid Links Generating Traffic. Does this mean I don't get paid on those leads? CJ doesn't seem to explain why they are invalid. Any ideas?

NadaWriter, May 31, 2007 IP
  12. flagday

flagday Peon

Best Answers:
    Click on the "Review 1 click(s) from invalid links." link on the bottom right of your "home" page of your CJ account. That will show you where the invalid links are, then click on the advertiser to find out if they've been deactivated.

Or just email support and they'll tell you why they're invalid, that's how I found out that my advertiser had deactivated.

In my case, they were deactivated, suddenly, without warning, which could have been disastrous.

flagday, May 31, 2007 IP
  13. thedarkknight

thedarkknight Peon

Best Answers:
    I just signed up with CJ this week... Now i am skeptical. What do you guys think of coepac ?

thedarkknight, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  14. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    CJ is good. They will pay you after 90 days even if they deactivate your account.

They would have given reason in the CJ Mail area.

Ed is the person who closes accounts... if you can convince him that you are legit he will put your account straight. He can be contacted thru email only.

tradeepak, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  15. pstation

pstation Active Member

Best Answers:
    CJ is the most trigger happy company that i've ever dealt with.

pstation, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  16. Blaine Moore

Blaine Moore Peon

Best Answers:
    I just saw this morning that I was deactivated, but there was a link that said I was eligible for reactivating my account (I hadn't started using them much after signing up).

Hopefully I do well with the new program I just signed up with so that my account stays active; if not, I will just quit using them and look for other programs.

Blaine Moore, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  17. RD_Gringa

RD_Gringa Peon

Best Answers:
    I had an experience with CJ deactivation my account.
    I had no sales, which I don't understand why, for a long time. They desctivated me with no explanation. If you can't log in you can't send an affiliate email or check to see why they deactivated you. I sent lots of emails and no reply. So I called them.
    they never gave me an explanation of why they never answered the emails but they did reactivate my account.
    It was deactivated be cause of no sales. They said that if it happens again call and they can reactivate it a few times.
    I just hope I make some sales. I've tried all I know to do and I have their different ads spread out in all sorts of places throughout my 250+ pages. It would be a real pain to remove all.
    So just call them and talk direct.

RD_Gringa, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  18. so5

so5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    why don't you call them up and let us know what they say? i'm kinda curious...

so5, Jun 12, 2007 IP