1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ddos problem what you sugges what type of vps i require is this enough

Discussion in 'Security' started by kalakhan, Jun 13, 2012.

I am having DDOS Problems and My old server is not so powerful,it 1GB ram and not sure about port speed, If i get a server with 2x Intel Quad Core Xeon L5630 (3x 2.13GHz)
    3GB Guaranteed RAM
    300GB RAID10 Storage
    10Gbps burstable port
    30TB bandwidth , Will it make it hard for the DDOSER to take it down ? Please Do help ,Thank You
    Please do reply and suggest.
    Thanks

kalakhan, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  2. RoseHosting

RoseHosting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Huge DDOS attack can take down any server. You should look for another alternatives such as DDoS protected hosting services.

RoseHosting, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  3. SolidShellSecurity

SolidShellSecurity Banned

Best Answers:
    You need hosting with hardware protection. Take a look at ddos protected providers.

SolidShellSecurity, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  4. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely right on the money here. Size is what matters most with DDoS. Now, instead of changing hosting, you may consider getting proxy shield against the critters, that way your machine will stay cool and will continue to operate business as usual. I had a similar problem some time ago, and was recommended the vistnet.com guys, they gave me a free trial which was really cool, because while the trial was going on (support really rocks btw), they told me what was going on exactly with my attacks and ultimately I ended up paying for much less than what I though I would have to - based on what my host said about my attacks... Now, I am not saying that hosts lie about the attacks, but sometimes their metrics don't quite cut it in terms of preciseness.

shuttle, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  5. InnovusHost

InnovusHost Peon

Best Answers:
    You might find it beneficial to put your site behind Cloudflare which helps stop the attacks from getting to you. The port speed should help some, but if they are determined they could still overwhelm your server.

InnovusHost, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  6. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid putting your site behind CloudFlare will not solve your problem. They do not provide DDoS mitigation, they put attacking IP's in a ban list, and have a large structure that may alleviate some of the attack effect but when you get hit with something more serious, they'll just cut you off, I promise. I know, I've tried that before and had to abandon this "solution".

shuttle, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  7. vcreationzz

vcreationzz Peon

Best Answers:
    It also depends on port your server is connected, for example if you are connected to 100 Mbps port then 300 MB attack can easily chock the server..

vcreationzz, Oct 3, 2012 IP