1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Databinding on Repeater control in asp.net

Discussion in 'C#' started by sureshramakrishnan, Dec 26, 2006.

Hi,

I have a small doubt...I request the answer for this question....

How to bind images and links from database to a Repeater control(LINKS-a text on clicking this should navigate to the required page(BASED ON QUERY STRING), IMAGES are two columns of a table in the database) and have a horizontal display of data on the control...That is.., an image with its link next to it..horizontally.There should be four columns in a row with the first column bearing the image and the second column bearing the link..If the number of records go beyond six then the data from the seventh record bearing the image and the link should start off from the third and fourth columns respectively on the same repeater control on the same page...Kindly bear in mind, i am not discussing about sorting and paging hereDisplay of the images and the links should flow continually on the same page.

EXAMPLE: The repeater control should display data in this manner.

A Repeater control

record 1 image1 link1 image7 link7 record7
    record 2 image2 link2 image8 link8 record8
    record 3 image3 link3 image9 link9 record9
    record 4 image4 link4 image10 link10 record10
    record 5 image5 link5 image11 link11 record11
    record 6 image6 link6 image12 link12 record12

These 12 records flow in, from the database

IF THE AFOREMENTIONED ACTIVITY IS NOT POSSIBLE USING REPEATER CONTROL OR IF IT IS NOT ADVISABLE,KINDLY SUGGEST AN ALTERNATIVE.

I AM BADLY IN NEED OF THE SOLUTION...KINDLY HELP ME OUT....

sureshramakrishnan, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  2. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Repeater should work

In the backend:
    Just create your datasource (built a sql query, and get your datatable/dataset). Then bind your repeater control with your datasource.

In the front end, you going to use Eval("FieldName") inside the control display. because your using a repeater, you can do ANYTHING inside (Including calling functions with your eval'd data).

ccoonen, Dec 30, 2006 IP