1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Database error with Invision after moving to new server (exporting/importing dbs)

Discussion in 'Databases' started by adminnoob, Aug 4, 2008.

hey everyone

im really hoping someone here can help because ive been googling for days and exhausted every idea.

i recently moved my site from one server to another. before doing so i went to my cpanel and took individual backups of the databases (one for forum, one for gallery) and one for home directory.

i managed to restore the home directory but because my cpanel username, and hence the user for the databases i imported back in cpanel, is slightly different (blackme became blackmet...refers to the beginning of the url) the usernames and passwords dont match up, and now when i load the forum, even though theoretically everything should be the way it was before i changed servers, when i try to load the forum i get a database error. the same with my photo gallery on the other database.

as i said ive tried everything i can, and i come to you as a last resort. i actually had a decent forum going and a good member base. now they are losing interest what with it being down all the time, and i doubt they will wanna reregister and start all over if i go again from scratch.

please help!!!

adminnoob, Aug 4, 2008 IP