1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Database desing help

Discussion in 'Programming' started by kalius, May 6, 2005.

I have decided to work on creating a "datafeed" website. I have some questions about how to create te optimal database structure. Here is what i'm thinking for now, any help is apreciated.

Product table with all the product specific information thats unique for each product.

a reviews /rating table for each product ( is it better to hava one table per product or just one table with all the reviews for all the products? )

A table saving each time a person rates a product with the ip, product rated, and time. This will allow for people to vote on one product just once in 24 hours.

a table with all the categories and their subcategories etc ( For menu creation mostly I believe) maybe should be a flat file updated only when the database is updated?

Thanks

kalius, May 6, 2005 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    One table with all products, one table with all reviews since there will be a one to many relationship between products and reviews. This would be the basic/core setup.

mopacfan, May 6, 2005 IP
  3. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answer

kalius, May 8, 2005 IP