1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Database corruption

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by kevinv, Feb 3, 2010.

Our server crashed today because of a heat issue. We got it back up and running, all services on it are working except OG. When opening OG, we get a prompt that mainmenu.fp5 was damaged or corrupt, use the recover command.

When I go to file, then recover, a window opens looking for mainmenu.fp5. I have never had to do the recover command before. What file should I be looking for to proceed with the recover?

Thanks,

Kev

kevinv, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  2. kevinv

kevinv Peon

Best Answers:
    I am able to get OG up now, I had to stop the filemaker service running on our server. But we now have missing customers and other customers are missing data from random fields.

Apparently, our systems admin never performed a backup of this server. I inherited this system and did not set up the server or filemaker server on it. How do I set up backups for it now, and how can I check if there was a backup set up by the previous system admin?

I shudder to think I am going to have to double check every customers data fields by going over their original paperwork :-(

kevinv, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  3. TheBang

TheBang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    FileMaker Server 5 has built-in functionality for doing backups of databases it is hosting. You just need to schedule the tasks from the FileMaker Server MMC. Read the manual, but it's pretty easy to set up. I have a backup tasks running every night of the week to a different folder, so we have 7 nights of backups, recycled weekly.

TheBang, Mar 30, 2010 IP