1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dangers of YPN Invites - Sang Lee and other scammers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Electricity, Apr 28, 2007.

1. AHA7

AHA7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Electricity!
    Do you have any YPN invites left? I want to buy a few of them and I'll only pay you via PayPal :D

AHA7, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  2. sandrodz

sandrodz Peon

Best Answers:
    recently a guy scammed, me I sent him 60$ deposit for the coding job and he broke agreement, was trying to inflate price of the overall project I asked for refund, I wan paypal dispute but only got 0.01 cents - I was so furious! And I got message from paypal saying that it was only thing they could recover. So I guess it goes both ways for sellers and buyers... I think paypal is the biggest scammer.

sandrodz, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  3. Allisgood

Allisgood Peon

Best Answers:
    How did papal take it out of your account? Did they tap into your bank account or your credit card that they have on file? This is rediculous.

This is BS on paypal's part.

Allisgood, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  4. xharrisonx

xharrisonx Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe someone should give him a nice ring.

xharrisonx, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  5. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldnt do childish or rash actions. The person that posted this has 1 post in dp and you automatically trust his story? What if his story is complete BS!!! let him do it himself instead of blaming some one that may have not done nothing. Dont take sides just watch the action happen haha

hitboy, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  6. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. I would also have some sympathy for you if selling invites was allowed. Consider it a lesson learned.

SamOwen, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  7. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    To tell you the truth I have been using PayPal to sell my software for years now and love it. I have never had a problem using it, I also have bought tons of items on the net and ebay using paypal, in fact if I am looking to buy something on ebay or some other internet sites, I will only buy items that accept it. I sell items on ebay too and its the only form of payment that I will accept.

I guess it's like anything, some love it some hate it, I for one give PayPal a thumbs up..... Ive used it for years and love it.

bluegill_catcher, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  8. chimaera

chimaera Peon

Best Answers:
    For one I don't see that it has anything to do with invites at all.

And for two, SamOwen is right - it's against Yahoo's terms to sell invites, so I don't have much sympathy for you.

chimaera, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  9. stubsy

stubsy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When ever I buy anything online I always use paypal, they've protected me from dodgy buys on 2 occassions but your story puts me off using them as a seller.

stubsy, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  10. gkgk11

gkgk11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal is complete crap for private transactions. I suggest in the future you use E-Gold and escrow services.

gkgk11, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  11. oKiAo

oKiAo Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear your story. Though as others have mentioned, nothing much you can do.

Though it reminds me of similar situation that happened to me, even though I was the buyer and I did ask for refund etc in the 7 day money back guarantee. Seller never responds to ANY email until I filed Paypal dispute. Yet that seller only replies to Paypal email never reply to MY email. Funny thing is even though I did everything I could. Paypal never helped me out, I got nothing back at all. I even phoned them a few times, all they told me was to wait.

Even though I used Paypal for nearly all my transactions. It is kinda scary your story though.

oKiAo, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  12. sandrodz

sandrodz Peon

Best Answers:
    I had an exact situation, read story above... I was thinking to file a claim against them, basically they are not doing anything and dispute resolution and buyer security crap only works with ebay :(

sandrodz, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  13. oKiAo

oKiAo Peon

Best Answers:
    The item I purchased was an ebay item lol :(

oKiAo, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  14. HotSauce

HotSauce Peon

Best Answers:
    well you have this "Sang Lee" guys personal info i.e. home address. I'm sure you can screw him over with that.

HotSauce, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  15. oKiAo

oKiAo Peon

Best Answers:
    The address shown from whois is a PO Box though. Unless you mean the Paypal information.

oKiAo, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  16. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    Ring paypal and tell them they are in the wrong.

My cousin was in a situation like this, and heres what I told him to tell paypal.

It says on their site on the buyers complaint policy in Section #2, Paragraph #3

"The Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to payments for tangible, physical goods which can be shipped, and excludes all other payments, including but not limited to payments for intangibles, for services or for licenses and other access to digital content . In addition, items prohibited in the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy are ineligible for coverage."​

Meaning they refunded him in the wrong. Quote them on that, then ask them why they refunded him.

Source: https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_buyer_complaint-outside&country.x=HK

Sohan, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  17. IhateScam

IhateScam Peon

Best Answers:
    Scam, scam, scam, stay away from both paypal and ypn invites altogether!

IhateScam, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  18. Colorfinger

Colorfinger Peon

Best Answers:
    Or E-gold...gotta love that one.

Colorfinger, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  19. oKiAo

oKiAo Peon

Best Answers:
    :confused: The OP is banned?

oKiAo, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  20. D-Block

D-Block Active Member

Best Answers:
    You want to get him back? You want to screw him? This is what you do my friend, only do this if you have money and you like to play games.

1. Login to you paypal, send sang lee a paypal donation of lets say, $50 USD.

2. Once he receives the money, don't do anything. Wait about 1-2 weeks.

3. After the 1-2 weeks, login back to your paypal and request a refund back from your "donation" tell them "unauthorized transaction" this works 90% of the time. He or PP will refund you $50 and he will lose money due to the interest paypal takes out, probaly a good 2-3$.

4. If you want, get some of your friends to do this, and it will work.

5. His account will probably be frozen and you will win the battle.

Don't let him beat you this easy my friend, take him to war, put your life on the line, lets see who walks and lets see who crawls.

lol ;) jmo.

D-Block, May 3, 2007 IP