1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Damn,my new site has been hacked !

Discussion in 'Security' started by SoniCute, Nov 29, 2006.

Wake up in the morning and check an email,I got warning from my host that let me know if my site has been hacked and the hacker download all my site source :mad: .The world not safe anymore :(

SoniCute, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  2. ramprage

ramprage Guest

Best Answers:
    I would move hosting providers or consider encoding your application so even if an attacker gets the source code its all encrypted.

ramprage, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  3. avkinfo

avkinfo www.senpai-it.com

Best Answers:
    Which hosting is that? I have never heard of hosting providers sending out such emails.

avkinfo, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  4. CodyRo

CodyRo Peon

Best Answers:
    Typically if a site gets broken into they drop something in the tmp and try to run it / attempt to send spam which sets off all sorts of bells and whistles. As a provider you're going to see what's happening / where it's coming from..

Though by the sound of it I don't see why he said "he got your site source"?

CodyRo, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  5. thuonghieu

thuonghieu Peon

Best Answers:
    For hosting use cPanel, login to cPanel and make a FULL backup, system auto send a email when backup completed

thuonghieu, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  6. wormy

wormy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe because he thought to himself, hey now would be a good time to take the source and sell it somewhere, I can always blame the hackers.

wormy, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  7. SoniCute

SoniCute Active Member

Best Answers:
    If they (hackers) sell or share the source,the bad thing is my site will duplicated and will banned by search engine for duplicated contents :(.

SoniCute, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  8. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site's full contents may have been grabbed by the individual(s) who broke into your server. But, they are not going to use any of the coded pages anywhere because your code is not secure.

In terms of the content you deliver to visitors, it is not necessary to break into your site to steal it. There are many scripts which recursively grab pages from websites. This is exactly how search engines index websites.

You need to stop worrying about content and start worrying about security. You need to make sure any third party scripts you use are at their latest patch level. You need to make sure any scripts you wrote are secure. You need to make sure you immediately change all your user names and passwords and, if you have SSH access, strictly limit who can get into your server.

If you stick with your scripts, your future servers will be broken into and they will be used to attack other servers and/or for other purposes.

clancey, Dec 6, 2006 IP