1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Damn my EPN Stats suck

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by drax2006, Sep 17, 2008.

1. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is a drug, I have been sober off of it for more than 1 year now!!! Did not think I could live with out it but it seems that I really really can.

jodyq, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  2. fr0gman

fr0gman Peon

Best Answers:
    I firmly believe that you (we) are throwing money away and don't even know it. ePN has some very serious tracking and reporting issues that are costing us money.

fr0gman, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  3. DomainGamer

DomainGamer Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm getting killed on EPN, especially since this downturn in the economy started about 2 months ago. I have about 200 clicks and probably $5, brutal month...

DomainGamer, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  4. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's an EPC of $2.50 - that's not that bad!

I dunno - my earnings are gradually improving, though as someone else said, I hate to think that there are sales going down the drain because EPN can't/won't track them...

markowe, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  5. fr0gman

fr0gman Peon

Best Answers:
    This seems to be the popular mantra. ePN has not trust nor loyalty.

I am doing the same thing as you. I am leaving my ePN things in place the letting them run up, down or out, while exploring alternate programs.

ePN membera are like motorbike riders. There are only two kind. Those that have crahed and those that will crash.

fr0gman, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  6. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think of what you could offer to your readers first.

Chancey, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  7. AndresS

AndresS Banned

Best Answers:
    A month before christmas and so far my earnings are low. My traffic is a record high and this will the lowest month I've had for a year.

AndresS, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  8. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree w/vital business. Epn is not the place to be!

jodyq, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  9. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll table a contrary view.

During the last five weeks my epc has gone from around $5 to $9.90 as of this morning giving an overall epc of $6.8. October was my best month ever and November look like its going to be pretty good as well.

My niche, in the hobbies department, luckily seems to be totally unaffected by the current world events and traffic to my best site is at around 300 uniques per day.

I would say that EPN is definitely the place to be right now. As they say "make hay while the sun shines" :)

mcjp6, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  10. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Over the last couple of months of probing other affiliate stuff, I've had to capitulate to the reality that nothing else converts like EPN. I've concluded that I just have to accept that EPN is Hellbent on perpetuating it's moronic policies and just work in that environment. I still have little faith that EPN will straighten up and run a truly sound program from the affiliate's POV, but, where else do you go for good conversions, if you rely solely on organic traffic?

So, I'm back to building for EPN, and will be launching a new site tomorrow. I've spent two weeks on the #%&@% thing to build quality into it and saturate it with content. At least, I can hope that it will have sturdy legs for the long haul. I'm willing to give it a real SEO treatment and maintain it well over time, assuming it produces reasonably and consistently.

potentmix, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  11. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we have crossed paths before and I do concur with your post.

EPN converts real well once you find good niches.

Good niches convert real well!!!

Some niches do not convert well at all! I guess it all depends on how you do you research and how you promote it to get traffic.

That being said I will give a few tips. Find buying niches many are tire kickers and find ones that have hungry buyers.

Also find niches that are likely to create quality ACRU's. This is not rocket science but more of an art once you start becoming more familiar with buying habits and what people are really buying.

Once you have mastered the art you will find that EPN rocks.

When I thought I had good niches in my early EPN career I would create a site. Those days are over because many of them have traffic that does not convert. My later sites using my system converts real well. After using different research methods I have devised a system that targets products that convert. It takes much research to create site that targets buyers. If your selling stuff that people need instead of want your EPN earnings should stay consistent. If your in the hobbie market or a market that can save people money it should stay consistent.

Potentmix this is not directed at you but agrees with the fact that once you hone down you research yes as agreed EPN rocks ... this is my method and to the naysayers this is my response.

reapr, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  12. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm. I'm seeing a pretty significant drop in earnings over the last few days. Sniff sniff.. smells like another EPN tracking/reporting problem.

hanji

hanji, Nov 14, 2008 IP