1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Damn .co.uk domains and their inefficient expiry

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by sji2671, Jan 7, 2006.

I have been watching a domain that would be worth quite a few dollars ;) it expired on 06-Aug-2005, I have watched with interest but it seems the .co.uk domains do not work like .com and the chances of getting this are slim to none.

I wish it had gone into redemption like .com's as it would be worth around $250k and I the have contacts who would buy it, I cant believe the inefficiency of whoever manages it, the sites still up and I guess sooner or later they will wake up but watching it go past renewal since Aug 05! and it just keeps on working is frustrating :mad:

sji2671, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  2. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Since it is expired...can't you just register it?, or is this the whole issue that the domain is expired but it is also not available for registration? And it's still up?

Did you try to register the name?

Edz, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    It might be the registrar that's taking their sweet time about it. I've seen domains I own and have renewed, sit for the next three months looking like they've expired.

Gimme a clue ... what kind of .co.uk domain is worth $250k?

mcfox, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  4. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    It is past the renewal date of August, I know the whois can be outdated and I have a couple of people/companies sitting to try and jump on it for me if it goes back into the pool.

It is not available for registration, but if it comes up I'll be there, sorry Foxy no chance of a hint mate :D If I managed to get the domain and actually put it up for auction between 4/5 people that I know I think it could go higher.

sji2671, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  5. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, when someone get this domain, you can say it's name :) ?

Coupons, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Damn! That's the new car out the window then. :D

mcfox, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  7. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    There are some extremely lucrative areas of business out there and I have had my eyes opened to them in the last 4 months or so and have been staggered at the amount of money some companies have in their budget to spend and how some of them struggle to spend it, it clear now that I don't have to chase high traffic to make much more money than I ever did before chasing high traffic terms, which I guess is not news to anyone but I did get blinkered by getting to 10k-20k-30k visitors per day when 500 per day can pay just as much if you do it right.

No, if I dont get it I will be building a few sites that can emulate/beat it and I already have plans for that up and running.

Well maybe yours McFox, but mine is still definitally within reach:cool: ;)

sji2671, Jan 7, 2006 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  8. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I'm in the same boat. Some dumb... ripped me off and now their shop's domain expired early December. I have some good plans with their domain... Nothing you can do, the owner has to either confirm they don't want it anymore or confirm they will renew. Nothing can be done without their consent. Bloody annoying...

T0PS3O, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  9. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Eheh, good luck Scott!

Coupons, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  10. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Surely it would have to drop at some point? crazy, I'll do some more research on it.

It would only be worth 6 figures to around 5/6 people not on the open market, to joe public it would be worth reg fee.

sji2671, Jan 7, 2006 IP