1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Daily RSS PageRank?

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by eblazarus, Jan 31, 2011.

I follow a large number of RSS feeds (yes, I'm quite well-read and accordingly very popular in the cocktail party circuit (not actually)) and sometimes don't have enough time to actually sit down at my RSS reader and actually read through my feeds until the end of the day. But at that point I don't want to read through all posts by all authors just to figure out what was being said that day.

So I was thinking of whether there was some possible workaround for this problem, and I realized that many of the sites I read link to one another throughout the course of a day. Thus I imagined something similar to Google's PageRank being applied to my RSS feed every day (except without any search terms), thus creating a daily list of posts by everyone I follow sorted by how many links there are to each post within my own RSS feed.

So my question is...does something like this already exist? If not, can anyone think of a way to implement it? Thanks.

eblazarus, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  2. illianafrazer

illianafrazer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice thought, it can be an inspiration for a new concept.I am not sure about any exisitig services, but applying PR alone will be bad rather the number of diggs and other BL calculations can be made to find out the importance of a post

illianafrazer, Feb 1, 2011 IP