1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Daily limit of 1000 queries exceeded for key

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by mjewel, Apr 7, 2005.

I know what it is supposed to mean, but I didn't come close. Tracking under 20 words. Not a big deal... maybe something got stuck.

mjewel, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sometimes it seems like Google "forgets" to reset the keys for the day or something. Either way though, a keyword is not necessarily 1 query. There are details in the FAQ about it, but to make a long story short a single keyword lookup could potentially be as many as 20 queries.

digitalpoint, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  3. d360

d360 Grunt

Best Answers:
    Have they changed the way this works. I recall I used to get a messege saying exceeded limit. But now i just don't get all my keywords updating. Maybe half will typically update.

Does yahoo and msn have a limit or they just extremely slow. When I select yahoo and let it run for an hour maybe 2/3 might update on a good day.

d360, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The Check All runs all keywords (there is no way to run just Yahoo or MSN). In truth, the Yahoo and MSN queries are 15-30 times faster than the Google ones. The Google API is very slow (I never realized how slow until I started working with the others).

digitalpoint, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  5. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shawn.

It must have been something with google because it has cleared itself up.

update: spoke too soon.

Individual keywood queries run fine, I'm getting the error when I try to run a singlecheck for back links on an individual site. I was trying to check because the wrong amount of back links are showing for a domain (0). Must be a problem with Google.

"Check all" doesn't have any problem either. Strange.

mjewel, Apr 7, 2005 IP