1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling DaddyScripts.com | Money Making Website + PR5 + Readymade PHP Bundles (Daddy's File Host, etc)

Discussion in 'Sites' started by davidson_11, Jun 28, 2015.

Why are you selling this site?
    It is with great sadness that I will be selling DaddyScripts due to my current commitments and starting a full-time job at an IT company in September. I have great passion towards this website as I have put so much work into it.

According to WorthOfWeb (http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/daddyscripts.com/), the website is valued at $17,300 (checked on the 24th of June, 2015). Bear in mind, this is not taken into consideration the project's income. I believe it is solely based on search engine results, ad revenue, popularity and age of the website. This website is 4 years old.

Average income a month: $130.50 (based on a two years calculation: earning from 10/12/2011 - 09/12/2013). Total earnings between 10/12/2011-09/12/2013 equaled to $3132.09.
    Total income between 10/12/2013-29/06/2015 equaled to $722.53, resulting in an average monthly income of $38.82. The lower monthly cost I believe is mainly due to putting Premium up from $25 to $29.99, but this change was done on purpose to avoid too many Premium members (more than I could handle at the time).

The above cost is based solely on whole selling Daddy's File Host and a couple of projects done through DaddyScripts.

This business has a lot of potential, but unfortunately as said previously, my current commitments and projects will lead to a much slower development cycle for DaddyScripts.

Awstat:
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately, I was unable to produce an Awstat for 2015 as there seems to be issues with it working when I migrated servers. I noticed this when it displayed January having no visits and traffic, which is almost impossible due to the site's activity.

Please only purpose an offer if you are serious about continuing this business as it would be ashame to see it go into the wrong hands and eventually thrown away.

Once purchased, you will gain ownership of all DaddyScripts.com (including its projects, design, forum and etc). The site will be provided as-is.

If you are from the UK, I would prefer transferring the money UK bank-to-bank rather than PayPal to avoid their expensive fees.

Thank you.

How is it monetized?
    By selling ready-made PHP Projects (such as Daddy's File Host V2 - DFH) only available to 'Premium' members and the odd project via the website. Premium is primarily popular for the offering of DFH v2 as it allows users to convert their website into a money making file hosting company by selling premium features to their customers. DFH comes with features such as Facebook Login, multi-server (allow files to be hosted on different servers regardless of their location), etc.

Does this site come with any social media accounts?
    No.

How much time does this site take to run?
    Check on the website roughly every fortnight, sometimes once a week depending on my workload.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    davidson_11, Jun 28, 2015 IP
  2. davidson_11

davidson_11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi all,

A user PMed today requesting for DaddyScripts' income in the last 6 months and I thought I would add the response here for other potential users as well. Between 29/12/2015 - 29/06/2015 the gross profit equaled to $259.92 resulting in a monthly gross income of $43.16.

Screenshot of the transactions:
    [​IMG]

Also I received the following question from the same user:

Q: "Do you run any advertisements for sales? or you get them directly without any advertisement costs.."

A: No advertisement sales, simply referrals from free PHP listing websites such as HotScripts.

Thanks,

Sam

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    davidson_11, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  3. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    So the website used to be just a forum?

When did you build the site around the forum?

Matthew Sayle, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  4. davidson_11

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Matthew,

Yep, you could say the transition from only having a forum to then having a more complete version of the website began between May to mid-June 2012. Before this date and since the creation of the website, it was solely built upon a forum.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    davidson_11, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  5. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I wish you had used Analytics instead of crapstat, but everything else seems legit.

Nice job :D

Matthew Sayle, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  6. onymguy

onymguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 11
    Hey,

can you tell me what are the activities that new owner must do? any bugs in your current script? What kind of support that you provide for your premium members? Is the site running shared hosting? what is monthly running cost?

onymguy, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  7. davidson_11

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

VPS which costs around $7. However, you should be fine with shared hosting, but I host other websites on it and like having the 'root' freedom. Also, for packaging DFH, it is zipped on demand when a user requests to download it and at times the ZIP function is restricted in shared hosting platforms. I have done it in this way in order for updates to be instantly reflected upon download without the need to ZIP it every time I release an update or patch. Nevertheless, you can easily change this and just offer it already zipped (archived). Support is the same I offer to normal users, but I tend to answer Premium posts before normal users.

Activities are mainly visiting the forum (I have been doing this every week or fortnight) and answer any questions posted by the community. If a bug has been found, I would patch and then release it. Finally, in some summers I would release an update for DFH (the last one being on 08.12.13 if I recall correctly). Although, I would say that if you frequently release updates your revenue margin will increase. In my opinion, you're in control on how much money you would like to make with DaddyScripts depending on time and effort spent on the website.

There has not been a bug report since 10.02.2015 (almost 5 months ago) when the latest patch for DFH was released. As a result, it is safe to say the product is pretty stable and any bugs you might find in the future will most likely be minor ones. You can see the patch and update history for v2 at https://www.daddyscripts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=248 and v1 at https://www.daddyscripts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=154.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    davidson_11, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  8. davidson_11

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you Matthew! :)

Will definitely consider Google Analytics in future projects.

9. onymguy

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 11
    Thanks for your reply, what is your reserve price?

onymguy, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  10. davidson_11

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No problem! The reserve price is currently set to $500.

11. davidson_11

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Update: PayPal will not be accepted as a payment method due to many posts similar to this one: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...when-selling-using-paypal-and-godaddy.708658/

As a result, I will be using Escrow (transpact.com - a trusted Escrow service in Europe) for both the buyer's and seller's protection.

More information about transpact can be found under the UK's FSA government website (fsa.gov.uk):

[​IMG]

Thanks,

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  12. onymguy

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 11
    New owner should be aware of the code flow of your script right, then only he can answer customer's query in forum. Do you help the new owner for some time in that aspect?

onymguy, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  13. davidson_11

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You'll find I am quite the helpful person, I'm am not going to "dump" my website I spent ages on without helping the owner transition properly to the site. So don't worry too much about that. :)

You'll also find that most popular problems have been pinned on the forum, which has resulted in much less creation of support posts.

davidson_11, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  14. SheziKalebra

SheziKalebra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi. What sort of knowledge would I require to run this site? Would I have to make scripts myself?

SheziKalebra, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  15. davidson_11

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

Preferably you would understand web technologies such as PHP to further develop the scripts. On the other hand, you could hire developers or rely on the community to provide extensions to the scripts. Technically speaking, you could just sit back and just answer forum posts when they arrive. As mentioned previously, my last official modification to the script was 5 months ago, but I highly recommend you do further develop the scripts as you go along for much better revenue.

davidson_11, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  16. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    89.5% - 17
    "I'm am not going to "dump" my website I spent ages on..."
    I think that a way should be found for you to not have to "dump" your site and still get he money that you are asking for :)

mytechiestuff, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  17. davidson_11

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

Sorry, but I didn't catch that. Nevertheless, I replied to your pm.

Thanks.

davidson_11, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  18. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Will you share source codes and this site sells only 1 script? Recurring payment or 1 time payment for members? what other benefits except 1 script to members?

jaguar34, Aug 29, 2015 IP