1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

cyberbegging - my attempt

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by debunked, Jun 17, 2004.

This will be a first for me, but it has come down to it -cyberbegging

I am begging for some breadcrumbs here. We have been selling things online for almost 6 years through our websites. Last years google thing had perfect timing to hurt our Christmas sales which gave us a bad start for this year. (Christmas sales help us during the week months Jan-Mar)

Then we lost our main supplier of american made - quality products - that we have had repeat and new customers for the last 5 years! The last I heard we were their biggest customer.

Now I need some new ideas or have some old ideas squished into this grey matter in my head. I could use any help from all of you here in matters of website design, layout, copywriting, or whatever may be hindering our sales.

(I am sort of desperate, since we are having a sixth child soon and I really don't want to go get a JOB.) so, please look at our websites in the sig and feel free to be honest as long as you are constructive and can give input on a better way.

Thank you.....

debunked, Jun 17, 2004 IP
  2. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Two things I recommend:

1st, to improve your position in google, you're going to need to go on a big link-getting campaign. Do whatever it takes to get as many links to the site with the appropriate keywords as the anchor text as you can.

2nd, a fresh look on the site may really help in terms of converting the people who do find the site. The dark green links on the black background is hard to see. check out some other sites that you admire (in terms of professional looking design), and consider updating the look and feel of your site to one that is very visually appealing.

dazzlindonna, Jun 17, 2004 IP
  3. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you considered selling your products on Ebay? That is where the brunt of my sales come from and I have a lot of my Ebay customers come back to shop on my websites too.

ViciousSummer, Jun 17, 2004 IP
  4. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget to throw a feed up on Froogle. It can only help.

Also after looking at your golf site... it needs to be more professional. I suggest looking at OSCommerce.

Help Desk, Jun 17, 2004 IP
  5. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have OScommerce on the server, I am leary about making the change and then having it not work with the gateway then having to make that switch, then.............

But, it looks like a pretty simple system with many add-ons. Is there a way of uploading a database or even a simple ascii table or list into oscommerce to get the products loaded?

Thank you all for your pointers, and please keep them coming

debunked, Jun 17, 2004 IP