1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest CUTE Banner for Dog Site $30, must be cute :P, detailed concept in contest :)

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by lappanion, Feb 11, 2016.

Hello Guys :),

we got another quick and easy Banner/Logo contest for you today! We even attached you a draft to get a better idea of our concept, don't judge :p...

Banner Description:

- banner size: do what works best for now, we are about to add a new theme that can be customized around your banner :)

- colors: cute pastel colors (but not too feminine, not too washed out)

- text: DogBoo (centered, main text)

- dogs, shirts, cuteness & more... (is the tag line, positioned centered and under DogBoo, font size smaller than DogBoo)

- both texts should be centered

- header background color: pale/pastely green, yellow, lavender or blue (just choose one of these or make some variations)

- 5-6 circular holes or window openings in different colors, and then inside the hole is a cute cartoon dog face with its paws holding on the window opening, circular/round windows with dog facesscaterred throughout the banner, randomly, doesn’t have to be symmetrical, has to look nice and proportioned

- use recognizable dog breeds like a: dalmatian, maltese, jack russel terrier, boston terrier or a pug, etc. just use 5-6 or whatever will fit in the banner but don’t overcrowd it

- a cute dog paw before the word DogBoo

- element placement: texts should be centered

- the following google font combos can be used (1st font is for DogBoo and the 2nd one is for dogs, shirts.....)

1. Bree Serif & Kurale

2. Chewy & Arapey

3. Itim & Judson

Your own designs/concepts/ideas are very much welcome so if you have another great cute idea go for it!

Contest runs for 96 hours and the winner will get $30 via PayPal. :)

BTW the best logo designers in this contest will be invited to help us design some t-shirts later this month :)

Good Luck!

Attached Files:

lappanion, Feb 11, 2016 IP
    irah- and Dreamer05 like this.
  2. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I guess, this is also a logo contest with a banner... maybe you could up the price to $75

katesrobyn, Feb 11, 2016 IP
    MJMdesigns likes this.
  3. weirdXtreme

weirdXtreme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here my try Sir:

dogboo.png

weirdXtreme, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  4. lappanion

lappanion Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @katesrobyn - you do realize that you are hurting my contest a lot with those kind of comments? Many designers will now not even bother reading the whole thing like yourself, they just see your dumb comment and might think you have a point, you don't! This is so freaking rude, not sure you actually read the whole details, I would bet you stopped at banner/logo and then felt like you had to ruin someones day, we have pretty much pieced it all together for the designer giving him exact fonts and all so that even a 5 year old could at least get the actual logo part right with windows paint, yes the other piece of the puzzle is a bit more advanced but it's not something that is a real challenge for any competent designer.

@weirdXtreme - thanks for proving my above point unknowingly. Just looking at the time stamps I see this took you only a few minutes to piece it all together and it looks nice but has some room for improvements :). If I had to change some stuff it would be that the GB looks very much like 98 :p and I would have liked a little more "modern" vibe maybe.

lappanion, Feb 12, 2016 IP
  5. weirdXtreme

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for feedback... here the revision:

dogboo.png

weirdXtreme, Feb 12, 2016 IP
  6. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, i don't mean anything CH, 'coz your contests says "banner", so i presumed you have the logo and the dogs ready to make you a banner, but the thing is, the designer is making the whole thing. anyways, you got some designers in, i hope that dogs are theirs, and not from stocks. good luck then.

katesrobyn, Feb 12, 2016 IP
    otakatun likes this.
  7. irah-

irah- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,here's my entry,feedback is appreciated.

[​IMG]

irah-, Feb 13, 2016 IP
    otakatun and katesrobyn like this.
  8. lappanion

lappanion Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @katesrobyn well damage done and I don't think you even get it, we have started a contest for a project we are passionate about and you have minimized our chances to get the design we are hoping for, I have never seen so few entries and I have held a lot of contests at DP, your second comment really wasn't any better. If I could I would have just closed this contest and started over but that wouldn't be fair to the 2 designers that already submitted their work.

@weirdXtreme the fonts look better now. The dogs/puppies look a little dated tbh. The colors look good. It doesn't have to be an actual window, they just can be round frames where in you can put the dogs' faces.

@irah- It looks nice and is our favourite so far. I think, DogBoo is kind of hard to read, because the font is not that bold and the dogs are kind of taking over. That's why it's better to have round/circular frames (like in my wife's very rough sketch) placed around the word DogBoo. The colors are nice. The dogs on the sides, they look kind of similar. And just one dog paw placed before the word DogBoo. We like the paw detail you used for the letter "i" in the word shirts.

lappanion, Feb 13, 2016 IP
    irah- likes this.
  9. irah-

irah- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thank you for the feedback,i'll revise.

irah-, Feb 13, 2016 IP
  10. lappanion

lappanion Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ^ Thank you :)

Given that both entries so far are more logo's than banners anyhow we decided to change our initial plan and are ok now with a smaller Logo only.

We have done some rough changes as to how our dog t-shirt site will look like in the future with rough colours we will be using: HERE

So you are free to put the logo in the left space where the dogboo text is currently up to the search icon. I am happy to change dimensions a bit especially width, but got some room for bigger height to if you need. Open to anything.

Hoping to see some more entries soon ;).

lappanion, Feb 13, 2016 IP
  11. lappanion

lappanion Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This contest is now over, I will just wait for both irahs and weirdextremes revision via PM and then decide on a winner between the 2 of them. Thank you.

lappanion, Feb 14, 2016 IP
  12. lappanion

lappanion Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We have decided to go with weirdXtreme as the winner and offered irah a sort of second place price. We really appreciate that you 2 designers have joined the contest! Thank you :)

lappanion, Feb 15, 2016 IP
    irah- likes this.
  13. irah-

irah- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    weirdXtreme -Congrats on winning!

lappanion-
    i didn't accept the price but still,it was a great contest,i really look forward to your next contest!:)

irah-, Feb 15, 2016 IP
    lappanion likes this.
  14. weirdXtreme

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thank you.png

filesent.png