1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Customer Returned goods

Discussion in 'eBay' started by alvin1972, Mar 30, 2011.

Just wonder how you all handling eBay customer returned goods? Any experience to share? The reason is I am having one case where customer want to return the good now and I've decided asking customer to keep it and I just returned the money. Am I having the right approached? Please comments. Thanks

alvin1972, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  2. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well it depends on how much have you earned from this sale. If you have earned 100% from this sale, then instead of sending money, why dont you send your customer a new product without receiving the earlier one. Here you can even have an upper hand in talking and show the client that you are doing some kind of favor for him/her because he/she had a first experience in buyig your product. This way, your sale will also not get turned down and your client will be happy and more confident to bid on your other items ;)
    Hope that helps.

China_girl, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  3. 1812

1812 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds strange you just want them to keep the goods and you refund them too.. this doesn't give much faith and professionalism in your business. I would do exactly what China Girl says above.. she talks very wise words!

1812, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  4. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would be wise for you to develop a returns policy. It gives your customers a piece of mind as they know what they can expect if things don't go as planned.

I don't think it's very wise to let your customers keep the products and you issue them with a refund. You can certainly do that in special cases (and it might prove great PR), but if you are going to do that every time a customer wants to return the goods you will lose money.

Depending on the circumstances we have the following returns/refund policies:
    - damaged/faulty/wrong items - full refund including postage or full replacement - the customer is never out of pocket
    - change of mind/size - happy to exchange for a different item. customer sends back the original item (they pay for postage), we send the new item (we pay for postage)
    - change of mind - customer returns the product for a refund within a specified time frame. they send back the item in original condition & pay postage, we issue the refund (less original postage costs)
    Strict time limits, delivery carriage & other conditions apply to all three.

It's been working great for us (5+ years).

hhsaus, Apr 5, 2011 IP