1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Custom URL on Google Plus

Discussion in 'Google+' started by alexwy, Apr 30, 2013.

Hi,

I have created business page on Google plus but still unable to create custom URL on Google Plus business page.

Please help me.

Thanks

alexwy, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by custom URL? There's a field there where you can enter a URL for your site and then it will show on your profile page as a link. Other than that I don't think it allows you to display your URL in other parts of the page. I know it goes against their ToU if you use your URL as part of your name or if it shows on your background image.

Another thought would be, you can start your own community and add your URL as part of your community description as well.

qwikad.com, May 7, 2013 IP
  3. thexyz

thexyz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is currently no way to request a custom URL for Google+. Google has given a few out to reputable brands, but you cannot request one yourself.

thexyz, May 8, 2013 IP
  4. Jaeger

Jaeger Banned

Best Answers:
    Google already provides facility to create custom page but once you create business page on Google Plus Google automatically generates unique ID and that is not alterable so you can not make it custom URL as per your choice.

Jaeger, May 9, 2013 IP
  5. anzilone

anzilone Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn there is no direct option to get a custom URL on Google+. But you can get your own Google+ vanity URL for your personal profile or for your Google+ brand pages.

[​IMG]

Gplus.to helps you to create a custom URL for your Google+ profile, pages. Its not a perfect thing but you can use the URL will show like this "Gplus.to/Nickname". The nick name is your brand name. You can use this on your blog/site.

anzilone, May 14, 2013 IP
  6. shiguru

shiguru Peon

Best Answers:
    The "easiest" way to get one is try to find a connection/friend who works at google. I've had a couple colleagues who have contacted acquaintances at google, and they basically just handed them a custom URL (in relation to their page) right away.

shiguru, May 16, 2013 IP
  7. alexwy

alexwy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks all members.
    I have seen somewhere that Google plus provided custom url and I raised question here.

alexwy, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  8. Radha Sharma

Radha Sharma Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.google.com/intl/en/+/policy/tos-custom-url.html

Read this link to know more. Google clearly explains about claiming custom URLs here.

Hope it helps.

Radha Sharma, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  9. John Michael

John Michael Member

Best Answers:
    Google + custom URLs are still under development and the program may change.
    Furthermore Google says about custom urls:
    we reserve the right to reclaim custom URLs or remove them for any reason, and without notice.
    custom URLs are free for now, but we may start charging a fee for them. However, we will tell you before we start charging and give you the choice to stop participating first.
    For detail, click the link to know more on Google Custom URLs.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    John Michael, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  10. Ricky86

Ricky86 Member

Best Answers:
    The feature is not available widely for normal users yet. Check out this post for more updates:
    http://techwalls.com/set-custom-url-google-plus-profile/

Ricky86, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  11. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, this is another big missing element for Google+. The lack of a custom URL is a constant source of contention for businesses. There is really no good way to share the fact that you are on Google+ on printed material or in links without a custom URL, which is annoying. I hope this gets dealt with soon.

SlimCharles47, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  12. ayushirajput

ayushirajput Member

Best Answers:
    After a long time anticipating, Google Plus is finally open for business as it allows creating Google Plus Page. The new feature is very similar to Facebook Fan Page and someone even called it the Google’s version of Facebook Page.
    Custom URLs are still under development and Google says that they probably will charge monthly fee for the URLs. Here is how you can get the custom URLs for your Google Plus page:
    1. Go to your Google Plus Page -> Get Started
    2. You will see the section “Connect your website”, click on “Get the badge” and install a badge on your website. Just by adding the snippet of code to your site, you will help understand your page’s popularity and relevancy.

ayushirajput, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  13. Alice Smith

Alice Smith Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is any option to create a custom url..

Alice Smith, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  14. flower delivery guy

flower delivery guy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    we are all sitting impatiently and waiting for custom URL, you can imagine the gold rush that will take place once it is released. I've got my pick ready and waiting :)

flower delivery guy, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  15. gyb.links

gyb.links Banned

Best Answers:
    I think can not change it.

gyb.links, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  16. Web Business India

Web Business India Member

Best Answers:
    There is no option to select custom URL for your business page. this feature is not available for normal users. But you can do one thing. You can select custom username here :- http://gplus.to/ . Open this link and Put your unique "Username" and "Google Plus ID". It generates a different link which automatically redirect to your website.

Hope this will helpful for you !!

Web Business India, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  17. Kartic

Kartic Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can create verified business page but can't get custom URL yet...

Kartic, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  18. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can try topl.us. After customize, your profile url would be thing like: topl.us/nickname

Good luck.

mrgadget, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  19. otty33

otty33 Member

Best Answers:
    you need 50000 likes of page followers to make custom url.

otty33, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  20. arshiabhardwaj21191

arshiabhardwaj21191 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Starting this week, many more Google+ users will be able to secure a custom URL that's easier to remember than the lengthy addresses assigned to accounts by default. Google initially began offering custom URLs to brands and celebrities more than a year ago, but now it's opening up the option for all users that meet three straightforward requirements: you must have a minimum of 10 followers, your Google+ account must be at least 30 days old, and it must contain a profile photo. So long as you meet that criteria (and we suspect must active Google+ members will) you'll be able to select a custom URL

arshiabhardwaj21191, Oct 29, 2013 IP