1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Custom theme?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by BradV, Sep 22, 2012.

Hey guys, I am planning on creating a new Forum, I was just thinking, should I create my own custom theme? Or use a premade theme? What do you guy's think?

BradV, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  2. angelesc

angelesc Peon

Best Answers:
    As Frank Sinatra used to say (sing) "The Best Things In Life Are Free" so depending on the main subject on the forum, I think you should go for a premade free one, or at least start with one. You can tweek it here and there to suit your needs (but don't forget to keep the author credit)

angelesc, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  3. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, but this isn't good advice. If you have a chance, absolutely go with a custom a theme. They are expensive, but worth it. They set you from the rest of the forums online. Now, if you can't afford one, do the next best thing. Buy a premade or find a premade and customize the hell out of it.

fattony69, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  4. lonking

lonking Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is a premade style that you really like, then make it premade. If you have a great idea of how to customize it, then make it custom. If you know how to creat, then it's the best.

lonking, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  5. angelesc

angelesc Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes custom themes are better because they are made exactley for you, after your guidelines. What I meant was that you can start with a premade theme and try to customize that. Then after your forum hits the roof with the traffic, you can pay a professional designer to make one for you.And if you pay, at least pay for something good.

angelesc, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  6. BradV

BradV Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking about creating my own style, I have some sketch's ect. Thanks for all who replied.

BradV, Sep 24, 2012 IP