1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Custom PHP Programming - $20/HR

Discussion in 'Programming' started by ajscottsr, Aug 11, 2006.

1. RacerWeek

RacerWeek Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are you familiar with Vbulletin's db scheme? I'm looking for some custom php work that integrates with vbulletin.

RacerWeek, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  2. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have accepted another job with a deadline to deliver on Thursday by 12:00 PM.

My regular job is likely to demand most of my time over the next couple of days so I might be a pinch slow to respond to PM's. I have answered everything I've received so far.

Thanks!

ajscottsr, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  3. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Racer:

I have done custom work in VB in the past (though its been a while). I would have to poke around a bit with the current DB layout and refamiliarize myself with it.

Two projects I can remember in particular were as follows:

1. I had a site that required user registration and added VB as a forum for members to use but didn't want users to have to separately register for the forums. I integrated the VB authentification/user system into their existing software. I think VB has better support for this now without extensive modification, but it wasn't available back at that point in time.

2. I had a project where I created javascript feeds where a user could insert a single line of code into their site and see recent forum posts. Again, I believe this is supported with add ons or already available now, but it wasn't back then.

I have also done a few conversions to VB from other forum DB systems that did not include converters back then. I can't remember the names to be real specific.

Point is, I can do it, I might have to sort of relearn the layout but my work speaks for itself (if you have any doubts, wait a little while, hopefully I'll get more feedback here as I finish up the next few projects).

ajscottsr, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  4. dav1e215

dav1e215 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hello all, just wanted to post a follow up,
    I had Anthony give me his ideas on what I can do with my site, he actually took time out to give me some thoughtful ideas and considerations and made me realize that I mainly need a designer for that site, not a coder.

So from my experiences with anthony, I know him to be honest and trustful, he wont take a job unless he knows that he can do it.

Overall, i will definitely hire anthony for future projects, matter of fact, im actually going over my other site right now so i can tell him everything I need done :)

dav1e215, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  5. Dastar

Dastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I personally know and have worked with ajscottsr for quite a few years now and I know his work to be very solid and at $20 an hour it's a steal IMHO. I find his coding to be a step above what i've found elsewhere. :)

Dastar, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  6. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    All PMs are responded to.

My time availability is very light until later in the week so there may be a slight lag (shouldn't exceed 24 hours) in responding to PMs.

Someone asked if I could beat a lower quote they received here at DP. The simple response is that I am not interested. My time is limited and valuable to me (I can develop on my own projects if I'm not earning a reasonable wage doing this). I used to bill a lot higher for my time when I lived in Seattle and did projects but I had a long established reputation back then. It also wasn't as competitive as it is now.

My point is that $20/hr is a fair rate for what I'm doing (actually I think its very cheap). You can probably get a lower quote elsewhere but you are assuming some risks. You might come out ahead and save a few bucks. Or, you might end up hiring me anyway after the other person runs off with your money or the product provided to you is not what you expected or of poor quality.

If you have any doubts about my abilities, I would suggest that you sit tight and wait for more feedback to come in. I think you'll see a consistent theme here. The bottom line is if you want it done right the first time and on time and support after the sale and you want to be clear on precisely what you will get BEFORE you pay anything then I think the choice of programmer will become more and more clear as additional feedback comes in.

Thanks!

ajscottsr, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  7. Turbo

Turbo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    can you give me an estimate on how long it would take to integrate a design that has been done for me into a currently running os commerce site? please pm me...I need someone with a good turnaround. thanks.

Turbo, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  8. fordP

fordP Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ajscottsr, where are you located? If you have any free time this week or next, I will need to hire you for about 3 consecutive nights.

I have PM'd you some more details

fordP, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  9. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am located in Louisiana (US) out of the Lafayette area.

Ford, I have answered your PM.

Turbo, I have not previously worked with osCommerce but just viewed their site and it looks like they have a relatively basic templating system. Are the changes you need within the templates or are you wanting to dig deeper then that (making changes in the actual program output). I will PM you with more information and questions that I have.

ajscottsr, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  10. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The script promised for 12:00 PM CST was delivered on time. I'm waiting for feedback from the buyer. I will be out the rest of the day today. I am available for jobs few a few hours on Friday and all weekend. PM me if you are interested.

ajscottsr, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  11. tweety

tweety Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i wuld like to do a site in joomla.can u help me out
    can u tell me how much time it will take and ur price..
    i just want adsense integration on a joomla template(existing one)
    PM me with details...

tweety, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  12. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just adsense integration into a joomla template should be very simple and very little time required. How many total templates are you using?

I typically charge a 1 hour minimum ($20). Unless its a very large number of templates, I could complete it in under 1 hour.

ajscottsr, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  13. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am working on quotes on some stuff that was sent to me earlier in the week. I have time available this weekend (quite a bit) so I'm accepting inquiries on new projects. If you're waiting on me to get back to you from earlier in the week, that should happen today or tomorrow morning.

14. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I had discussed working up a free script to be distributed previously with another member here on DP. My work schedule prevented me from devoting time to a free project. I have time available this weekend so I have committed with that user to complete a PayPal Donation Script (count down of total donations needed and a list of donors) which will be freely distributed to anyone that wants it. I have set a deadline of Saturday, August 19, 2006 at 8:00 CST to deliver the project.

15. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The free paypal donation script is finished (was completed on time). I'm waiting for the e-mail address of the person who requested it so I can deliver it to him (this was a free script I'm doing as I offered some time ago but never found the time to do).

I have a bunch of projects I am in the process of reviewing/bidding. I am temporarily not accepting new projects until I have a chance to get firm bids out on the inquiries I've received so far.

I'll post here again once I'm ready for new projects.

ajscottsr, Aug 19, 2006 IP
  16. alrightpeter

alrightpeter Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just wanted to say that I had Anthony do a mailing script for me and it was done right and done on time. At $20/hour you can't beat it.

He definitely knows what he is doing and I will be hiring him for future projects.

alrightpeter, Aug 22, 2006 IP