1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Custom .NET Lucene-Powered Lyrics Search Site+Bonus: LyricsLook.com and TabsLook.com

Discussion in 'Sites' started by ValuableVisitors, Oct 19, 2010.

LyricsLook.com allows users to full-text search all lyrics in the database and links out to other sites that host the lyrics. Sites are ranked based on how many hits they send to the site. There are hundreds of thousands of lyrics already in the database.

The site is well-established and consistently receives over 100 unique visitors a day and gets 17k+ pageviews a month. It is ranked high in the search engines for generic terms like "Lyrics Search" (Google: page 2), "Search Lyrics" (Google: page 1), "Lyrics Search Engine" (Google: #3), as well as artist/song names. Given the high CTR even on banners, this site would probably make a lot of money with AdSense. However, our AdSense account was cancelled years ago and we do not have access to that program.

The entire site is custom programmed in ASP.NET and uses Lucene for full text search. There is an administrative interface that lets you change the banner codes on all pages.

The person who sold this site to me neglected to include the source code but it includes the unobsfuscated .dll files and precompiled header files so you can use .NET Reflector to generate and output the original source. I have done this and made modifications to the site without incident.

The ASP.NET lyrics spider is broken but the site is MySQL powered and lyrics can be uploaded manually to the DB and the Lucene index can be manually updated. The buyer should understand ASP.NET and be willing to learn Lucene.

This site was for sale for a lot more when it got more traffic (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php/showthread.php?t=733299). I am looking for a quick sale. The sites are currently hosted at SolarVPS and I am looking for the buyer to take over the hosting. The domains are registered through GoDaddy and I can push to the buyer.

Buyer must have good iTrader or references. I have not sold on DigitalPoint before but can provide references and a link to my eBay feedback (over 10 positive feedback).

ValuableVisitors, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  2. ValuableVisitors

ValuableVisitors Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please feel free to PM me or post any questions that you have about the site.

ValuableVisitors, Oct 20, 2010 IP