1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

custom form buttons on <input "file"

Discussion in 'CSS' started by .bmp, Jul 13, 2006.

i cant remember how i done this last time, but when using the <input "file" tag in a form, the auto "browse" button wont accept the css properties that the other buttons have

if anyone can enlighten me, i think last time i disabled the button, hide it, created and actual "input type="submit"" button customed that and added the post value of the "file" browse button - but this was like 4 years ago

any help appreciated

.bmp, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  2. AdamSee

AdamSee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean styling it?

In your css file add:
    form input { your style };

Should style the button individually, but you'll want to make sure the browse button has it's own class by adding ' class="browsebutton" ' after the input type.

Then in your css styles:

forum input .browsebutton { your style };

AdamSee, Jul 14, 2006 IP
    .bmp likes this.
  3. .bmp

.bmp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you use input type "file" it automatically puts in a browse button, thats the one i want to give the same style as my other input buttons eg submit, but i dont think it is independantly controlable (sp)

i think its going to have to be a input type text & submit and pass the browse function to the submit type button

Thanks anyway man :D

.bmp, Jul 14, 2006 IP