1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

custom chart color confusion

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by ehenderson, Aug 17, 2005.

Looking at the custom chart results, for keyword tracker Blue is Google, Green is MSN and Red is yahoo. On the backlink tracker I see red and green, but no label (sometimes just red or just green but not both).

I just noticed a HUGE jump in backlinks from red, nothing for green, so, who's who?:confused:

ehenderson, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Color does not correspond to any specific search engine.

digitalpoint, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  3. ehenderson

ehenderson Guest

Best Answers:
    OK so why are there different colors and different graphical representations of each?

ehenderson, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is a different color/line for each item you add to your custom chart.

digitalpoint, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  5. ehenderson

ehenderson Guest

Best Answers:
    What "itmes" are you refering to? Im checking one URL for backlinks only.

ehenderson, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can add as many items to your custom chart that you wish. The more items you add to it, the more lines/colors you are going to have.

digitalpoint, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  7. ehenderson

ehenderson Guest

Best Answers:
    Is it manditory on this forum to be intentionally vague. My question again was...what "items" are you refering to? If you can't be specific or don't know please don't respond if your just trying to increase your number of posts.

8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Each custom chart allows you to add items to it (not sure how else to explain it). There is only one thing you can add to your custom charts. A custom chart will be blank unless you add items to it, so you had to add at least one.

9. Bazkaz

Bazkaz Peon

Best Answers:
    :) Oh ehenderson, Shawn is the admin here (You can't just get the title Master of the Universe for nothing...) and is definitely not trying to just increase his number of posts. He will always try to honestly help you. He also wrote the tool that you're using so maybe you're just not quite understanding what he's trying to explain.

Let me see if I can help. On the Custom Charts page you've obviously added a new chart with a chart type of Backlinks. From there you selected the domain name you want stats for and added it. Now if you run the report using backlinks on the left side you will get a single line designating the domain name you selected.

However, if you have selected multiple domain names(items) in the SAME report it will bring up multiple colored lines for each domain name. If you want to only see that domain name by itself on the report you need to create a seperate report for that domain OR click the little red X next to the other domains names on your report to leave only the domain name you want to check. Personally I think it's easiest just to create a new report for it.

Also if you add a domain that has ZERO backlinks you wont see a line on your backlinks report for it.

Hope this helps clear things up a bit.

Bazkaz, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  10. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    No but it is mandatory to answer the clue phone when it rings...

Also Shawn can set his post count to anything he wants so next time do a little reading and searching before you look really silly.

Well I guess if you did that you wouldn't be asking these questions in the first place.

Shoemoney, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  11. ehenderson

ehenderson Guest

Best Answers:
    THANK YOU bazkaz. That was all I was asking. (domain name = item) 3 words!!Unfortunately I still have questions. I have one URL (item) selected, in fact there is only one listed for this (backlink) graph. On the left side of the graph there is www.site1.com in red and directly beneath it is www.site1.com in green, same URLs exactly. But 2 different lines (I would understand more than one line for more than one URL). Does this make my confusion a little easer to understand I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Shoemoney, I believe the phone is ringing.

12. ehenderson

ehenderson Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry I guess I should add, I'm tracking 10 sites and this is only happening to 1, thus my confusion.

13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you have something on the legend that doesn't plot a line, my guess is you only have one point for that data set to plot (can't connect the dots with only one dot).