1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Current status of directories?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by tressin, Oct 29, 2007.

1. zaaylo

zaaylo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are very true jg123...
    Invest first ...wait...then start earn..

zaaylo, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  2. drgeorgep

drgeorgep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi ... agreed, google doesn't hate directories. I'd guess 95% of my 2260 back links are to directories and my site moved PR2 to PR4. If google hated directories, I'd be in deep poop, with a PR0. Ultimately, uniques and page views drive revenue, whereas PR and Alexa drive prestige. Nice to have all 4, but the former two do the heavy lifting. My at-parity 2 cents.

drgeorgep, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  3. Inky

Inky Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, I'm new and my site is in it's fetus stages, but here is my take:

I am building a niche directory. The difference is that I will load it with great, relevant content. The directory will be my cornerstone, but I want the site to be THE resource for the industry, with a community aspect for users. That way people signing up for the directory can be sure they only get targeted, quality traffic.

I don't yet fully understand everything involved with PR and SEO, but what ever happened to just having a good site with quality content? That's what should matter, and that's what I'm aiming for.

Inky, Nov 3, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What? you want to have a good site and be able to enjoy running it at the same time? are you serious, this is meant to be painful and hellish, you must suffer like the rest of us.

Im just joking. ;)

I think your using the best approach to be honest, if your concentrating on the content a lot, it will leave you with less time to worry about things that often get people frustrated, and as people keep saying, content is what its about.

pipes, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  5. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your plans sound good Inky and that is the kind of network I am trying to put together right now, check-out my music portal and tell me if that is what you have in mind. I am thinking of adding a forum once traffic picks up a bit.

Really good content does not get created overnight. Many of the newer directories will grown and morph over time into something better and unique.

jg123, Nov 3, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  6. Inky

Inky Peon

Best Answers:
    JG, that site is similar to what I have planned. I will go even deeper.

Pipes, you are very right. I guess I don't just look for a quick buck. This is important to me, and over time I want the site to grow big, as it has several options to expand. I already have some things in mind, but all in due time.

Inky, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  7. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Inky i really admire your approach and thinking, will be nice to see your creation evolve over time.

pipes, Nov 3, 2007 IP