1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Curious about Secure Server etc.

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by tridean, Jan 6, 2007.

Hi,
    I am looking to just sell some products using paypal.

I noticed that in order to customize my payment process page I have to upload the header image to a secure server, however the one at my host is shared and so will not prevent the 'trusted certificate error' window.

That's no drama for me, I don't really care if I can't use a header image.

My question is, is there any other reason why I might need to pay my host $75/year for a private SSL certificate.

Regards
    Dean

tridean, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    eddy2099, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  3. tridean

tridean Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi eddy,
    this data encryption between my site and my customer, is this something that is visually evident? How does someone who is purchasing know this?

I was also wondering about the certificates at the other places you mention, to use them to I have to move all my sites over there?

Cheers

tridean, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    You do not need to host your site at where you buy the certificates from. It is linked to the domain name but you can host it anywhere. The only condition is that you need a unique IP address per site which uses the SSL. You will also get a URL which is 'https://' instead of 'http://'

Well, the data encryption from the SSL is not something you will see visually. What you get is the lock in the web browser and they can see the certificate too.

eddy2099, Jan 7, 2007 IP