1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CTA - above or below the fold?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dieorfly, Sep 19, 2013.

Landing pages might be a great tool to focus the attention of your visitors to single information, collect their data and make them, well, to convert. At least this is what I heard and what I was excited about when starting with them.

Of course call to action message is inevitable part of any landing page and as such might be the main reason why the landing page does not deliver the results you expected. I knew it so I tried to find out about this magic CTA ingredient more information.

Some of the repeating suggestions I found were not to use words like “Click here” or “Submit”, but rather describe what the visitor will get after clicking the button. And another piece of advice was to place is above the fold so visitors will notice it immediately.

So I did it this way.

I went for an affiliate product in health niche, prepared my first landing page making sure that my CTA is above the fold. And it worked, people were clicking. However the conversion at the affiliate page was almost zero. Quite disappointing...

I start deeper research on the internet. There were many threads discussing that although placing CTA message above the fold is good and most natural position there might be cases when it simply does not work very well. This applies to more complex products when visitors have to find out more information about your advertised product to gather enough info to make informative decision. If you place in such cases CTA too high it could simply scare your visitors away or make them click on the button but not convert as people will be not motivated enough to spend enough time on affiliate page.

So I went for A/B test, keeping A page the same as it was and prepare B page with more information above the fold and CTA button down below.

This A/B test proved to me that in this particular product placing CTA below the fold was a good decision. Although the number of clicks does not increase (they went down a bit actually), people start to convert more.

What about you? Are you a fan of above the fold or below the fold CTA? I would be happy to hear your story :)

dieorfly, Sep 19, 2013 IP