1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CSS rounded corners

Discussion in 'CSS' started by dreamlife789, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Smurtey

Smurtey Member

Best Answers:
    That's right :eek:

Smurtey, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  2. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    Doc,

we aren't one of those European countries, unforunately. Portugal was a 50% or nearly 50% FF usage country, and Russia and former Soviet countries are like 37% Opera, but we're in the Dark Ages.

We don't even have 50% on campus. What we do have is stats from geenstijl.nl, a right-wing crazed whine-o-matic blog which has students as a really big portion of their viewing public... and they have about 20% FF usage.

Our own stats, which are pretty much Dutch only, show 80+% IE of some sort (that's 6, 7 and 8). Less than 10% FF, the other browsers are about less than 1%, and the rest are bots. This past summer though, IE6 usage did go down from 36% to like 15% which was nice, though that seemed to pretty much be from Windows users upgrading to IE7 and 8, not switching to FF.

FF is definitely more popular with students, as is Chrome. Opera and IE seem to be the most popular for phones but maybe that's because we don't have as many iPhones around where I live (dunno about places like Rdam, where they even have a Mac store).

Stomme poes, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    :D - BWAHAHAAAA....

Javascript implementations like that always make me laugh... It's kind of like what I said about it a few years ago when I implemented my own version of that for a programming challenge/learning experience...

"The 9-10k of scripting is SO worth the effort instead of using a 2k image with sliding doors."

See most of the crap in jquery.

deathshadow, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Everybody's solution to everything today is "Let jquery do it".

drhowarddrfine, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  5. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    Arg yes. Or just, "let javabloat do it" regardless of library.

Stomme poes, Nov 9, 2009 IP