1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

css in uber menu

Discussion in 'CSS' started by bellcom, Feb 17, 2014.

If you go here:
    http://virtualgeorge.info/azmn3/
    and on the top menu drop down open "menu2"
    on the second row the first item is "Charity Golf Tournament" and I am try to target that li to add some css but can't figure it out. Here is the code below I am trying to target, I removed the links below inside the li to save space. Any help with what line I could add to my css file to target that menu item and the links below it?

<li id="menu-item-596" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-has-children ss-nav-menu-item-depth-1"><a href="http://virtualgeorge.info/azmn3/what-we-do/charity-golf-tournament/"><span class="wpmega-link-title">Charity Golf Tournament</span></a>
        </li>
    Code (markup):
    thanks!!

bellcom, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you just want that one item, that ID would be perfectly good for targeting it. #menu-item-596 { /* your specific css here */} -- though you might want to target the child anchor via inheritance....

Though mein gott, what a train wreck of code; of course it's turdpress, so knee deep into "I can haz intarnets" it's a miracle ANYONE can skin it; as if the static css in the markup, IE conditionals for nothing, and so forth... that part you quoted is the biggest piece of proof that the people behind wordpress don't know enough about HTML or CSS to be making systems for other people to use -- THEN they make the wild nonsensical BS claim that mess of classes somehow makes it "easier" ... RIGHT.

Hardly a shock you ended up with a mind blowing 91k of markup to deliver 1.76k of plaintext and two dozen content images, easily eight to ten times the amount of code that should be used for such a simple page.

deathshadow, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  3. bellcom

bellcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks man! That was the first thing I tried that and then more specific targeting and couldn't get it to work so I obviously did something wrong. Actually I think I was just looking in firebug & chromes code inspector & didn't see the css rule showing up way at the bottom of the window because of all the extra code you mentioned.

That is using the ubermenu plugin so yeah, lots of extra code, sorry to offend you once again with my obnoxious bloated but glad you always know the answer :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    bellcom, Feb 18, 2014 IP