1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CSS horizontal dropdown menu

Discussion in 'CSS' started by casper, Sep 24, 2006.

Hey guys, I'm trying to add submenu-dropdown menu's to some of my websites. Most of my websites have a vertical menubar, but some have a horizontal bar. The vertical bars are working well, and example can be seen here.

However, I'm trying to use the same css file for the horizontal bar websites, and try to modify them a bit in order to make them work. I would like the submenu's to appear right under the menuitem, but that's not really working. Check this example to see the errors. I can't get this thing to work. Above that, they are not the same in Fx and IE.

Has anyone got experience with horizontal CSS menu's? I'm out of ideas.

grz

btw, the content is dummy text

casper, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  2. ifyn

ifyn Peon

Best Answers:
    ifyn, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  3. casper

casper Guest

Best Answers:
    The suckerfish worls perfectly on the vertical menu, but it doesn't work on the horizontal menu's. What do I need to change in the vertical css file in order to create a dropdown under a horizontal menu item.

In other words; how do I edit the suckerfish css to work on horizontal menu''s as well?

thx

casper, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  4. Fetch Industries

Fetch Industries Peon

Best Answers:
    This tutorial may be better for what you are trying to do. You could also set the <li>s of the sub <ul> to display inline, or try floating the sub <a> tags left and setting the <li>s to display inline.

Fetch Industries, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  5. ram18y

ram18y Peon

Best Answers:
    i have tried in google chrome and all IE x. Its working fine.

ram18y, Dec 5, 2008 IP