1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CSS for epub

Discussion in 'CSS' started by Tamara Hartson, May 29, 2017.

Hi,
    I know that this is a CSS forum for web development, but I am unable to find anyone to help me in the Adobe forums so I figured I'd try here. I need some code to cause my epub to always open to the first page (usually an epub opens to the page where you left off) I hope this is a pretty basic question and that someone here knows the answer.
    Thanks much, and I'm willing to try any ideas until we hit the mark.
    Tamara

Tamara Hartson, May 29, 2017 IP
  2. Blank ™

Blank ™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but having learned this .. What are you talking about exactly?

Blank ™, May 29, 2017 IP
  3. Tamara Hartson

Tamara Hartson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, an ePub is an ebook, and in this case it functions very much like a website, with hyperlinks, sound and video files. The CSS supports code, so that's why I'm asking here if anyone could come up with some suggestions. I'm not much of a code monkey.
    Tamara

Tamara Hartson, May 30, 2017 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    CSS is about what things look like, has Jack-all to do with behaviors. Yes, even in ePub. That would require some form of scripting to handle, since that's behavior, not appearance.

the "open to last read page" behavior is part of the READER, not the .pub file. NOT a lot you can do about that apart from configure YOUR reader... you have zero control over changing that in OTHER people's readers without asking them nicely.

deathshadow, Jun 6, 2017 IP
  5. Tamara Hartson

Tamara Hartson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. That's good to know. I knew it's the reader doing it, but I thought I could exert some control over it with CSS. Guess not. Cheers.

Tamara Hartson, Jun 6, 2017 IP