1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CSS Float image in center

Discussion in 'CSS' started by loerchner, Sep 28, 2006.

I'm creating a template for a CMS that I built for a client. The client will be used an online editor.

The template I need to create is a two coloumn layout. I need an image to float in the middle that is text wrapped. Having problems.

You can take a look at the design i'm shooting for at:

http://www.redcanary.loerchner.com/test/CMS/article_templates/Template-Blog-3.htm

Thanks,
    John

loerchner, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  2. mstwntd

mstwntd Peon

Best Answers:
    mstwntd, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  3. loerchner

loerchner Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link...I'd done some research but I hadn't found that one. The technique I've been playing with most of the day is similar to the one you presented me with...although I hadn't been able to get it working quite as smoothly up to this point.

Here's the problem. This page will ultimately be used as a template in an online HTML editor (that does not display tage - my client doesn't know any code). So what I really need (if this is possible) is a situation in which the user can select all the text within a coloumn and replace it without disturbing the image layout.

In this case the div tag is mixed in with the text...so if you try to paste from the beginning or delete the text then paste it in it throws everything out...and there are tight restrictions...like no space between the text and the DIV tag. This won't work for this scenario...

At this stage by the way...I'm offering a $75 thank you to anyone who can come up with a fix...

Thanx

4. mstwntd

mstwntd Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi again,

I think you're out of luck there, to the best of my knowledge (and I've dealt with some real funky requests in the past) there just ain't no flexible way to stick an object in the middle of a block via CSS2 right now (And I'm pretty sure 3 will not address this either). Even if there was a way do do it though CSS, you'd have to wait another 10 odd years for MSIE to support it. My advice -- accept the options we do get with design for the web today. Not everything is possible, but there are a lot of advantages over traditional print design. Educate your client if need be. :)

mstwntd, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  5. loerchner

loerchner Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks again...that's kind of what I was thinking. Client education email has already been sent.

Cheers