1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CSS doesn't appear correctly on first view in Firefox

Discussion in 'CSS' started by Hodgedup, Jul 6, 2005.

Whenever I first load my home page in Firefox my left naviagation menu is higher then it should be and is out of place. However if you refresh the page or click on any menu item the layout looks correct. Also, the page loads correctly in IE.

I had to replace my logo and when it was missing the page would load correctly on the first time.

Also, if I type in http://www.hodgedup.com and then just remove the www. part and hit enter then the left menu moves down halfway. Refreshing, hitting, back or another menu button makes everything appear correctly.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Hodgedup, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  2. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    Try adding height to your div.header (e.g. height: 39px).

J.D., Jul 6, 2005 IP
    Hodgedup likes this.
  3. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I had a height specified already.

However, your post got me thinking so I added a top:100px; to my left section. It's not as fluid now, but it solved the problem. Thank you.

Hodgedup, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  4. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    I should've been more specific. I seems to me that the problem was with FF processing incorrectly processing the order in which CSS elements appear. I meant to say to add height to the style of the div.header, which overrides any other styles (i.e. <div class="header" style="height: 39px;">...).

J.D.

J.D., Jul 6, 2005 IP
  5. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah it was weird, because I went back and changed it to try what you were talking about, but it still didn't work. I had to just leave the top part in the left column part. Man I spend more time trying to fix little things between firefox an IE.

Thanks again though.

Hodgedup, Jul 6, 2005 IP