1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cross Domain Tracking (without GA) on a second domain I don't own

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Pedro123, Apr 23, 2015.

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on cross domain tracking:

I am planning on running a campaign where I drive leads on one domain, retarget the lead on AdRoll and Email and drive them to a second domain where they can convert.

What are my options with regards to building audiences and conversion tracking across domains. I need to measure who converts of the traffic I drive to domain 2 out of the leads I have converted from domain 1.

My main issue is that the second domain is a client website, so I have to make it as easy as possible to implement any tracking scripts, the first domain is my own so I can add whatever is required.

I know through AdRoll I can set up conversion tracking and smart pixels on both websites – but ideally I want more in depth conversion data and the ability to know which traffic I send to them converts, as well as name, basket value and so on from both domain 1 and domain 2.

In an idea scenario I would have a tag manager that I can place on the clients domain, and where I can place conversion tracking from a 3rd party analytics/tracking provider as well as any pixels from retargeting platforms (getting cross domain tracking set up on Google would be too much of a hassle with the client). Is this possible to do? If not does anyone have any clever ways they use cross-domain tracking?

I hope that makes sense, and sorry if it’s a basic question. I’ve been trying to work it out for the past few days but haven’t been able to.

Thanks

Pedro

Pedro123, Apr 23, 2015 IP