1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cron update link stopped working!

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by romandesign, Oct 11, 2010.

I had a cron job set up for ages to do a nightly update, and it was working fine, but today I see that all rankings are null and "last update" is October 2nd. I've already checked the new tool and it was working fine. All of a sudden updates are not happening. How do I know why and what to do about it?

Here's my string used in a cron job: http://user:password@www.digitalpoint.com/tools/keywords/?action=lookupall

Cutting and pasting this string into the browser with either the old user/password or changing it to new user/password does not trigger login and check.

romandesign, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The old cron method is not supported any longer because the system does not use HTTP AUTH for login/password anymore. You would need to actually click the "Check All Rankings" link to run the check all.

digitalpoint, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  3. romandesign

romandesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. That's too bad. Of course I can't complain considering this is a free service, however this was a very nice arrangement. Being limited for 20 position check is OK for a free service, but not being able to run it automatically is very inconvenient... That was the best reason to use this service...

romandesign, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You could probably hack together a way to think the system is logged in as you, and then run the check-all, but would be rather tricky I would think.

digitalpoint, Oct 11, 2010 IP