1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Critique on label design

Discussion in 'Design' started by francosg, Feb 28, 2014.

?

Which one is your favorite?

1. First

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Second

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Third

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Fourth

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
    Hi guys,

I am about to launch a health supplement product and I need opinion about design. A bit of background:

This product is intended for guys, 30-60 years old. It has a long history of usage as an aphrodisiac or improving erectile function (90% of users), but some other people use it for the gym or increasing energy (about 10% of users). It increases testosterone, which explains these effects.

The product is usually sold in the context of improving sexual health, see google for examples of common designs.

However, how I came about to know about it and using it was for fitness purposes, and as a heavy user of gym supplements, I am heavily influenced by the marketing of gym supplements.

So, in the making of my product, I tried to combine the older men group seeking a serious health product to cure their manhood and the younger "gym-enthusiasts". I have a choice of white or grey bottle (I wanted black but the minimum purchase of these is way higher). Also I wanted to use the colour combination I have been using on my website: white-grey with green. After many models, failed attempts (and learning with photoshop), and inspiration from other labels I came up with one main design in 4 colour combinations (dont mind the demo text watermark):

[​IMG]

But I have been looking at them so many times that I can't make up my mind anymore. The main points of the label should be:
    • Easy to read but eye catching
    • Identification with target audience
    • Differentiation from competition
    Some additional information:
    • Most of my friends seem to prefer the white ones (majority females though)
    • I am planing on a line of products for men and another for women, it would be nice to have different colour combination for those (I though grey for men and white for women initially)
    • The cost of doing it in white could be significantly cheaper
    So what do you think about these? If you have a favourite please vote, if you would like to suggest something totally different I am all ears.

Thanks!

francosg, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    To be honest either one of them can work. If I had to choose, I'd probably choose the last one. At least, it's the one that caught my eye.

qwikad.com, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  3. lilsimon04

lilsimon04 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like the first one. I believe that the colors are in the right spot on the first bottle there.

lilsimon04, Mar 16, 2014 IP
  4. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    I voted for the second one, but it's between that one and the third one. The third one looks really bad-ass. Nice!

YJunK, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  5. gldtn

gldtn Peon

Best Answers:
    I like both the third and fourth one, the colors blend nicely.

gldtn, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  6. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would vote for the "second" one, in that the color combination looks just perfect.

janinaherz, May 2, 2014 IP