1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[Cricket] Once again Pakistan created hype before major Tournament

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rays, Sep 7, 2007.

Once again pakistan cricket team is in news (of course for all wrong causes as their habit )

This time on eve of Twenty20, Speedster shoaib created a major issue by Hitting his fellow mate by a cricket BAT, though decision has been taken to send him back, but the damage has been done and there is one more dent on
    pakistans team image.

Last 3 events in major ICC tournments
    1. Shoaib and Asif were sent back on the eve of their opening match at the ICC Champions Trophy last year.a fter they had tested positive for banned anabolic steroids.
    2. During the World Cup in March, Pakistan's disastrous performance took backstage to the death of Bob Woolmer.
    3. Current Issue

After this awful hat-trick do you think "ICC should think seriously about pakistan teams inclusion in such prestigious tournaments?"

Please not I don't have this question out of some personal rivalry (I am also fan of them) but they are hero's for kids and lot of people around the world and they are behaving like ........ anything ..

rays, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  2. cheapest

cheapest Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just can not understand what z wrong with Shoaib , he can not control his nerves , he should have control on himslef he is a professional player and after that he is saying that he is ready to say sorry to Asif............
    I would like to say one thing Like my Favorite Navjot Sidhu....Oye GURU it is no use crying over spilled milk.

cheapest, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  3. RovingCalypso

RovingCalypso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He should be banned for life. He earns money for playing cricket, he is not doing some community service.

RovingCalypso, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  4. soccer-writer

soccer-writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Its in the Asian Subcontinent that the ICC earns most of its revenue. They just cant stop India or Pakistan or SriLanka from participating in the tourneys. They have to bear with the histrionics of the subcontinent nations. They just can't afford to lose any revenue.

soccer-writer, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  5. ltd

ltd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  6. sufi

sufi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shoaib Akhter should be banned for life. He is always making problems when he is the team.

Are you serious?

sufi, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  7. lovelylovely

lovelylovely Guest

Best Answers:
    Totally unfair to blame a team for some player behaviour
    let me give you few examples

1- did italy got banned for totti's spitting on face of opponent team player
    2- did france get banned for zidane head but in world cup

now to cricket

MATCH fixing is way big then these personal things done by pakistan players

so did South AFrica got banned ???? wasn't that a disgrace match fixing
    there skipper did match fixing all world knows it, he admitted it in court of law himself

heres a link to it
    http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/44485.html

so did they banned South africa ???

lovelylovely, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  8. ace.tuku

ace.tuku Peon

Best Answers:
    why blame a team for one person behavior. More over neither you nor anyone else knows as to why he behaved like a maniac. Lets leave everything up to the inquiry set up by the PCB.

Ace Tuku

ace.tuku, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  9. rightit

rightit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do agree with you.

rightit, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  10. soccer-writer

soccer-writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Moreover, the ICC themselves have been guilty of major goof-ups too. For example, the WC final played in atrocious light conditions. Everybody in the cricketing world is living in a fool's paradise.

soccer-writer, Sep 9, 2007 IP