1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creative Help/Input Needed

Discussion in 'C#' started by BabySteps, Aug 21, 2006.

I have created a very large web site from scratch using drag & drop software (Serif webplus 9.0). Unfortunately, drag & drop software has it's limitations. I have a need for a number of advanced features that are over my head. My business has been in development & prelaunch phase for exactly a year now. For most of this year, I have struggled with finding the right designer.

The biggest problem is money! I have a very limited budget, however, I am in a position to make a very powerful bartering agreement.

The second biggest problem is finding a designer that can actually explain some things along the way. For example, if I need to be able to change something from the back-end, I should be able to learn how to do so. Some designers can explain but are unwilling while others are willing but can't explain.

The third problem is finding talent. I need a designer that is an expert in .net, SQL, ecommerce, vbulletin (or something equivalent), possibly photoshop, & whatever else is needed for implementation of the project. Not only do they need to be an expert, but they need to know how to be creative and how to creatively implement some things that have never been done before.

Please let me know your thoughts. Is there anyone out there that would at least be intrigued to take on a pretty big project? I will detail what I can barter with privately.

Thanks in advance

BabySteps, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  2. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hehe, Requesting help doing a Large project, and be an expert in .NET SQL, photoshop, and two specific large scripts is quite a big thing... (Especailly being a hardcore developer and a designer, haha) Anyways, you can catch more flys with honey so I would advise removing the *very limited budget* portion or starting a new thread. I would say your asking for someone that earns around the 60-75K mark - which in reality (seems like you need a DBA-Type in *nix and Windows... will bump it up more)

I would advise starting a new thread - not mentioning money :)

- Just my 2 cents...

ccoonen, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  3. rooneydavid

rooneydavid Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with Cconen, .NET is huge and expecive. When .Net developers see very limited budget they dont read any further. .Net, SQL, eCommerce you will need a web developer for that, not a designer. And again with limited budget your not going to get anyone. Try www.rentacoder.com and see if anyone there is interested, people bid for the job. You might get a bigger response.

rooneydavid, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  4. Free Born John

Free Born John Guest

Best Answers:
    Have to agree with the above comments. Serious backend work is the role of a developer not a designer, and rarely do you come across a developer with good design skills or vice-versa.

Sorry I can't get involved as I'm already working round the clock.

Free Born John, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  5. vectorgraphx

vectorgraphx Guest

Best Answers:
    I guess it sorta depends on your idea of a "limited budget" though, as going with an individual developer can be a bit less expensive than working with a firm.

You might shoot Danae here on DP a PM, i can recommend her, she does good work and might have time to work with you if your budget isn't overly "Limited" :D

good luck -

VG

vectorgraphx, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  6. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hear you there bro. I am exactly what he's looking for - a .NET 2K5, VB, PHP, ASP, SQL 2K/2K5/MySQL, Photoshop Deveoper/Designer but Ofcourse, my job has me working 23.99~ hours a day as well, haha.

ccoonen, Aug 25, 2006 IP