1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creation of Image Ads

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by w_grace, Jan 31, 2012.

Hello Everyone,

Looking at the Images Ads Vs Text Ads it seems that most of you think Image ads are much better, so does anyone know a good guide to making Image ads for google adwords?

Also as a thought, as far as I am aware image ads never show up during a google search, all you get are the text ads, so I am assuming that the image ads are targeted at those sites that are displaying your ads that are relavent to the websites?

w_grace, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Image ads are only for the content network so you'll never see one doing a search. That could change of course but I don't expect it to.

There are two ways to use the content network. One is by your keywords. A theme is determined from them and matches sites with the same theme that are part of the network. The other is to find those sites on the network you would like to advertise on and not use keywords.

Images ads are not better or worse, just different. They are more visible but how many people click on them, which affects your ad's quality, still depends on what they say. The site itself will affect this, especially when using keywords that are too broad and not matching the site's theme closely enough.

Image ads don't have to have images or pictures. There's plenty of effective image ads that contain just words. I'm looking at one right now.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  3. w_grace

w_grace Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you.

Do you have much experience of using the Content Network, I have seen that using keywords I have seen they my ads get displayed on alot of non-related websites or domain names. I really don't think it is worth it, but then I am toying with the idea of going with graphic ads, for a month or two to see if it makes any difference, I can do a picture of the product, and a few words or even kick off our Feb. Sale.

I've not really looked into it, I assume that it is pretty standard for making ads, the sizes are all standard.

w_grace, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  4. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's what happens when you use keywords for the CN. It's like using broad match for search ads. Your ads can show on all kinds of sites. One issue is that for the CN, your keywords have to be laser focused and all accounts I've ever managed don't do this. The effect is that you are confusing the system in trying to determine the theme. That's how it does it, figuring out a theme, not finding your keywords on sites on the network. The other side of course is site owners not doing a good job in telling Google the theme of their site with proper SEO. To help the system properly determine your theme, you need as I said very tightly focused keywords and only a few. One keyword won't do it. Google I think recommends around five. It will also ignore your list once you reach more than fifty. The best is to research and target sites your prospects are visiting.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  5. justbuygreen

justbuygreen Active Member

Best Answers:
    you guys may want to look at behavioral targeting for display ads... or maybe retargeting

justbuygreen, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  6. w_grace

w_grace Active Member

Best Answers:
    LWM - I am doing the research, every site I see I visit it to see if it is any good or not. I have managed to exclude hundreds of sites so now it does seem pretty good, but it took ages to get there. Slimming down on the keywords might be a good idea, but we have a pretty wide range of products, even it they are specific, so it isn't easy to slim the list down, but with the break up of groups and smaller lists of keywords that should cover it.
    Currently spending 40 a day on Adwords and hitting the limit every day, but with the slimming down I have had a day with less than that which in theroy is good, not fewer clicks, but spending less on them, and they are targeted.
    Then again how realastic is the idea that every one that visits your site should buy something? It isn't, but still, thats what the guys up top want, so we try and give it to them.

w_grace, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  7. Midrand

Midrand Peon

Best Answers:
    Correct, image ads are only for the display network, however, be sure to choose the setting that says the keyword and page should match because you'll have better results as it's more targeted.

The display network is really interruption marketing, they people that are going to see these ads aren't necessarily looking for what you have to offer, although, if your image or headline is catchy enough, they'll click on it.

Midrand, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  8. gajjarcompressor

gajjarcompressor Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Yes, its good.

gajjarcompressor, Feb 21, 2012 IP