1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating raw vector images from .jpg files

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by NewComputer, Mar 29, 2005.

I know normally you go the other way around, but in this instance I am wondering how to create a .eps file from a jpg I have. In Photoshop CS I just saved the image as .eps, but the designer replied that they were looking for the vector (originally they were looking for an .eps extension).

Anyways, is there a way to create a raw vector image from a .jpg file?

NewComputer, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  2. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    In short: no. Sorry.

nullbit, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  3. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on the artwork included in the file - IF you have a PSD of the file and IF the file remains in layers, and IF the layers are 'paths' then you could work back toward a vector deliverable, but thats a lot of IF's :(

I am assuming that you none of these since it was described in your post as simply a .jpg file, in which case...no, same as nullbit said....only a much longer...and senselessly drawn out responce.

Epica, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is anyone interested in trying to redesign a vector image of a logo. I believe the logo is really quite simple and I would really appreciate it. I can offer a anchor text PR4 backlink in exchange and a link on a site that gets a ton of traffic for the logo...

Let me know and I will PM the logo...

NewComputer, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  5. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have PMed you - looking forward to a responce

Epica, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  6. YianG

YianG Peon

Best Answers:
    There used to be a program from Adobe called Streamline. It is no longer supported by Adobe because the program basically sucked. But it does exactly what you need. It converts EPS into vector art, such as .ai files. There is a PC version, too. Be warned, though. It might take a lot less time to redesign it than getting the settings right. It's only good for simple images with very few colors.

YianG, Aug 16, 2005 IP
  7. Swordfish

Swordfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    very tough.. I do these jobs weekly. To vectorize an image you have to create outlines for each shape layer and color... its usually quicker to redraw the image depending on how complex...

Swordfish, Aug 19, 2005 IP