1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating Patterns Tutorial

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by maddoggmedia, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Create a new file in Photoshop. Click "File", "New".

2. The file should be small in this case I created one that is 8x8 px. This size works good for patterns as it is easy to set your pattern for smooth transitions.

[​IMG]

3. For this pattern we are going to do a simple stripe pattern so select your line tool and set the weight to 4px.

[​IMG]

Note: You will want to zoom in on your new file to make it easier to set the lines correctly.

4. Use the line tool to create a single line from one corner of you new file to the other. Then duplicate that layer and move it to the top right corner of the file.

[​IMG]

5. Define your new file as a Pattern. Click Edit, then click Define Pattern.

[​IMG]

6. Create a new file to test your new pattern. I made my file 100x100 px. Then place a square shape on your new file.

7. Open your Layer Style by double clicking on the layer itself. Select Pattern Overlay and click on your new pattern.

[​IMG]

Hope you find this useful. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Ray

maddoggmedia, Dec 7, 2014 IP
    billzo likes this.